How to Remain Sane During Exam Week

How to Remain Sane During Exam Week

Because We All Know it Isn't Easy

14
How to Remain Sane During Exam Week
Jayden Taylor Cartelli

Finals week is approaching quickly, so here are a few tips on how you can get through this week just a little bit easier!

1. Eat before your exams. Do not go into an exam on an empty stomach. It will distract you for the entire exam, and you will not be focused.

2. Do not over study. I know so many people who pull all-nighters before going to take a major exam, and it hardly ever works out (and who even wants to see if it does??), so try to avoid spending the night in the library this week.

3. Do not overload on caffeine. As a caffeine addict, I know that sometimes I don't pay enough attention and drink too much caffeine too late to get any sleep. Try to take it easy on the coffee, energy drinks, sodas, and whatever else later at night so you can focus on sleep.

4. Try to blare some music before you take your exams. I don't actually know if this works, but my mom told me to do it once and now I live by it, so put your headphones in and jam to a few songs before your exams so you can't freak out too bad.

5. Remain calm. I am the most anxious test taker in the world, but as soon as I get past a certain point of anxiety, I blank. Remember to breathe, focus on powering through, and do not worry about blanking. Just do everything you can, and just move on.

6. Double check everything. Check that you have your ID, check that you have your calculator and extra batteries, check that you have it all. Be over prepared.

7. Do not go into an exam saying "I can't do it." If you already think that, odds are you will do poorly. Believe in some positive energy with a positive mind.

8. Take a snack.

9. Have a list to accomplish day by day. Take each step one at a time. The whole picture becomes a lot easier if you have it planned piece by piece, so take the time to construct a plan of action.

10. Write yourself reminders. If you are anything like me, under large amounts of stress, you forget even the most basic things, so take a pack of sticky notes wherever you go, write down little things you need to remember along the way, and you will have no chance of forgetting anything.

11. Remember your health. I had a very sweet friend remind me this week to take a minute to take some 'me time' and watch a movie, read a book, get some fresh air, and not have my brain on my books for a while. If you start over study and worry, take a step back. Your health and well being is much more important than trying to cram for your exam.

Stay ahead of the game, take your time, and try not to stress. Happy Exam Week!