Not So Happy Holidays

Not So Happy Holidays

A sad tale of the holidays for those less forunate.

14
Not So Happy Holidays
racolblegal.com

With it being the holiday season you can't help but feel all that “ holiday joy and magic in the air”. There's just something about this time of year that makes people extremely giving and wanting to make huge changes in their life. It’s just a really positive time of year, everyone is all motivated to tackle the new year as 2016 hasn't been the easiest for everyone.

However, I can’t help but wonder how this time of year is for all the people in the underdeveloped areas and war zones in the world. It wasn't too long ago where there was this non-stop coverage on the “atrocities” in the Aleppo. Now whether you agree or disagree with the situation going on in the middle east, there are still people there who suffer every day. The thing is to just wonder what this time of year is for them. While we're all happy and giving gifts to those we hold close they’re holding the ones they hold close as they die in their arms. Now granted that statement may be an exaggeration it does hold truth to it. You have to take into mind that these people had their town destroyed which is basically everything.

Aside from all that going on in the middle east, it then draws my attention to the refugees who’d left everything behind to go to a new country to escape the war. What's their holiday season like? Whether or not they celebrate it they’re in a country that does and I can tell you first hand when I visited France earlier this year I saw many refugee families on the streets of Paris. I’m not talking about one or two I’m talking about entire families literally out on the street, with nothing but a blanket to keep all of them warm. I wonder if the countries they’re in gave them a place to stay, whether they’re wanted or not by the locals their country took them in. I think it’s only right they looked after them as well especially since it is the holiday season I hope all those refugee families I saw in the streets of Paris at least have a place to call home. Even if it is temporary.

The point I’m trying to make here is that even though it is the holiday season there are still people out there in the world suffering and some of it is completely unnecessary. Now as I said before whether or not you agree with the politics of the situation that’s going on with these very complex situations at the root of it all there are still innocent humans who are being hurt at the end of the day(just remember that the next time you didnt get what you wanted for Christmas). Just because the mainstream media isn’t covering it anymore doesn't mean that's it's still not going on.