10 References In The New Ghostbusters Movie

Watch and see if you can catch all of the throwbacks.

201
ScreenRant

If you haven't seen the new Gostbusters remake you are definitely are missing out! It's super cute and funny for the whole family. The amazing cast did an awesome job keeping with the feel of the original movies. Plus, there were plenty of references to the old movies that any fan would be sure to appreciate. 10 nostalgic references include:

1. Ecto-1

The vehicle from the first movie turns into a hearse, but they keep the licence plate.

2. Slimer

This lovable green ghost makes a comeback in the new movie.

3. The Marshmallow Man

The big bad comes back for a while in the end of the movie.

4. Bill Murray

Bill Murray makes a long cameo as Martin Heiss, a debunk-er, and it is delightfully ironic.

5. Annie Potts

Annie Potts cameos as a hotel receptionist.

6. Dan Aykroyd

Dan Aykroyd makes an appearance as a cabbie who "Ain't Afraid of No Ghost."

7. Ernie Hudson

Ernie Hudson cameos as Patty's Uncle who is mad she stole his hearse.

8. Sigourney Weaver

Sigourney Weaver makes an appearance in the credit as Rebecca Gorin, Holtz's mentor.

9. Harold Ramis

Harold Ramis sadly passed away prior to this movie, but the movie included a bust of his face in one of the scenes. So be on the lookout for it!

10. The Theme Song

And of course who could forget the remake of the classic theme song by Fall Out Boy.

So go out and watch the movie!! And try to find all of these references!