Recruitment: A Love/Hate Relationship

Recruitment: A Love/Hate Relationship

It's not easy, but its worth it!

7
Recruitment: A Love/Hate Relationship

If you aren't in a Panhellenic sorority or Greek life period you probably don't even know the struggle of recruitment. It is honestly a love/hate relationship! So much time and energy that goes into recruitment that many people do not see. It is only a couple of days but those days are so much and so worth it.

Recruitment is a process in which people come out to learn about each sorority and find their home away from home. We don't just show up and plan to recruit the best girls there is so much planning behind the scenes, but besides that, during those days we have to be at our best. During recruitment, sleep is an entity that doesn't exist. We are up early and go to sleep late, but who can actually sleep with all that is on your mind and the excitement. Coffee and red bulls are your best friend after a night of no sleep and day after day full of conversations.You have to get to know someone on a deep level in such a small amount of time. We also can't forget about the blisters from heels and the sore throats from chanting. It really is exhausting and energy draining.

Even if we use all of our energy to recruit, it is well worth it in the end. The feeling you get when your new sisters come home to your sorority is priceless. All the hard work was effective and you feel a sense of happiness and relief. Getting new sisters is amazing because everyone is so excited. Being a senior it's hard knowing you'll never experience these feelings again, but all good things must come to an end, but being in a sorority isn't four years it's for life.