6 Reasons Why This Is The Worst Bachelorette Season

Mondays are really starting to suck again.

148
Wenner Media

Upon tuning in to this season of the Bachelorette, I had high expectations. How could I not? With Jojo as the bachelorette, it seemed all too promising. She’s gorgeous, she’s down-to-earth, what’s not to love? However, now that we’ve made it to hometowns, I can’t help but feel like I’ve been cheated. Bachelorette Season 8 had so much potential. But it’s clear now that this season is shaping out to be a total dud, and here’s why:

1. It’s way too predictable.

From the first episode, we all knew it would come down to Jordan and Luke. These producers need to work on coming up with better surprises in the season.

2. It was centered around one person: Chad.

Let’s face it- the majority of this season revolved around Chad and his own personal drama. It was basically Chad’s show. And, now that he’s gone, there is no drama. We don’t watch this show because we actually care about these people. We watch this show for the mindless entertainment. We want juicy plot twists. We want guys fighting over Jojo. This season is a snore fest.

3. It’s dramatic in all the wrong ways.

Like I said, we want cliffhangers. We want rose ceremonies that have us on the edge of our seats. I don’t know about you, but I’m sort of over listening to the sound of Jojo crying at the end of every single episode.

4. The one-on-one dates suck.

I think the producers pretty much gave up on putting any effort at all into these one-on-one dates. If you watched this past week, you remember Alex and Jojo’s first and last one-on-one. They went to a farm, dressed up in trendy outfits and laid down in the grass with horses. That was the date. Literally, that’s it. WHERE is the romance in that? Forget romance, where is the fun in that!?

5. Jojo lost her likability.

At the beginning of the season, I could not wait to see how Jojo would fare with being the new Bachelorette. It was hard not to love her. But at this point in the season, I feel like she lost her Jojo mojo. If she asks one more time how the contestants are “feeling,” I might just lose it. To me it just seems like Jojo is after one thing and one thing only and that’s just a good looking guy to hook up with. She’s not looking for her husband.

6. Jojo is making all the wrong choices.

As previously mentioned, it doesn’t seem like Jojo is taking this whole experience seriously. If Jojo was truly looking for her husband, she wouldn’t have kept Chad around for so long. She wouldn’t have kept Chase over James T. She’s after the hotness rather than the heart. To each is own, but if I were her, my decisions would be completely different.