Your Older Sister Is Your Biggest Blessing, The Best Gift You Could Have

Count your blessings every day for having an older sister.

528
Jamie Lewkowitz

Everyone knows that you should never mess with sisters. She’s been there for you since day one, has loved you even through your awkward stages, and knows what you are thinking without you even having to say it. She is your best friend, has been there for you during your best and worst times, and is your number one role model and go-to person for anything.

Having an older sister is by far the best gift anyone could ever be blessed with, and here’s why:

1. She set other people’s expectations high for you to reach, and that has made you a better person today.

Throughout all of school, you were always known as her sister. You frequently had the same teachers, and they often mixed up your names. Family members expect you to be just as great as her, just like everyone else you both know. I used to despise when this happened because I wanted to create my own name for myself, but learned that I am following in the best footsteps and am honored to be seen as equals with her.

2. She went through everything before you did.

This allows her to give the best advice to you whether it be with school, parents, friends, or life in general. You won’t make the same mistakes she did and she will save you a lot of heartbreak and tears. She’s been there, done that, and just wants the best for you.

3. She made you into the person you are today.

From telling you the honest (and sometimes brutal) truth, to being your #1 supporter, she has been there with you through it all. She has been the shoulder to cry on, the person cheering you on, and the one you always turn to first for advice. Without her in your life, you wouldn’t be half the person you are now and owe her for making you the best possible version of yourself that you can be.

4. She will always love you no matter what.

Even if you get angry, fight, or do something she doesn’t approve of, she will always be there to pick you up in the end. Having an older sister means there is always someone there to show you unconditional love and support in both the biggest and smallest of ways.

5. She always helps you out without hesitation.

From needing money, a ride, or advice, older sisters are always there to help you out and will drop whatever they are doing to make sure you are taken care of first.

6. Even when you're both old and wrinkly, you will always be best friends.

You have an inseparable bond that will last a lifetime.

Count your blessings every day for having an older sister. Sometimes you don’t remember how great they truly are. I am so thankful to be able to say that I have mine as both my sister and my best friend.