15 Reasons Why You Should Get Off Of Facebook

Constantly being on it can be toxic to you and your relationship with others.

4668
Time

Facebook started off as a cool thing, where you can keep in contact with your friends and relatives. Now, it has evolved into something that the everyday person depends on. We are always scrolling through our Facebook feed for the latest gossip. And for what?

Facebook can be great every once in awhile, but constantly being on it can be toxic to you and your relationships with others. Limiting your time will have a great impact on your life. These are a few reasons to limit your time on this app.

1. You compare yourself to others.

Nothing sucks more than seeing that your arch enemy got over a hundred likes on her new profile picture. Stop comparing yourself to others and focus on your own life and goals.

2. You'll stop slacking off.

That paper is due in 2 hours, but you just have to do another 30 minute Facebook scroll. By getting off of Facebook you can complete the paper, and even have time to clean your room, or other things you're wanting to accomplish.

3. It's judgmental.

You base the opinion of yourself from what other people think of you. Don't let the number of likes on your picture determine if you're good looking. This is a great article that explains more about what Facebook can do to your mental health.

4. You will increase your productivity.

Not only will you be more motivated to do things, you will have more time.

6. It gives you false information.

The other day there was a post on Facebook that said that Rihanna died, when she is very much still alive. There has been countless fake news, mostly pertaining to the presidential election. Facebook is not an accurate way to get news. A news channel would be a more accurate option.

Facebook can also mislead you. It can cause you to form opinions of other people from what they posted online, even if that's not their character at all.

7. Who cares?

Everyone seems to post about each moment of their life. Who cares if you got a new shirt from the mall? Who cares what you ate for dinner? Most of the things that are on your newsfeed will not help you any way in life. It is nice to be able to check in on everyone once in awhile, but wasting all your time on Facebook is not beneficial.

8. It is stressful.

You spend all your time checking your Facebook to see if anyone liked your status. You worry that someone might comment something offensive on your post. Don't let a simple app add to all the stress in your life.

9. The past can be the past.

Facebook has an added feature that includes memories from past years from that day. Have you finally got over that ex you dated last year? Facebook is going to remind you about it again. Also, everyone drags on things that happened months ago. If you want to forget about something, you can't.

10. It brings out the jealousy in you.

You should be proud of what you've accomplished and who you are, and be working towards that. It has been proven that seeing everyone else's accomplishments will make you feel down, even if you're on the right track.

11. Negativity is contagious.

If your Facebook is full of pessimistic posts, you are likely to be more negative that day.

12. Sadness is also contagious.

The same goes with sad posts. Seeing the same sad news on your Facebook feed will only cause you to feel more down. Do yourself a favor and stay off of it for awhile.

13. You can actually connect with people.

We've all been there. You go out to eat with someone, and they're surfing through Facebook the whole time. You try to have a conversation with someone, and they're giving half of their attention to you, and the other half to their phone. There are so many missed opportunities when you're spending all your time on your phone.

Check out this video explaining more.

14. It eats up so much data and storage.

By staying off of Facebook, you will have considerably less "cannot take photo" popups.

15. It can be unsafe.

Check out this article on reasons why Facebook can be costing you.

All of these are great reasons why you should limit your time on Facebook. But that's easier said then done. At first you will experience what people call Facebook Withdrawal Syndrome. To help with this you can download one of these apps. It also helps to stay busy with something and set a schedule for yourself. Your life and your relationships will improve greatly with limited Facebook time.