Reasons Why You Should Be Excited For Winter

It's the most wonderful in the year.

13
New Evolution Designs

With the colder weather coming into way hits the start of winter. Looking past the negative reasons why one should hate winter, I learned to love it more than I think I do (even though I don’t consider it my favorite season). Here are some reasons I compiled together why we should all be excited for the upcoming season.

1. Snow

Snow is a beautiful thing to watch when it’s falling down. Somehow, when watching snow falls I get a feeling of nostalgia of when I used to wait for the snow showers. For me, I associate snow falls with quietness and the comfort of staying warm at home. It reminds me that it’s the silent season: where less people are out and the nights are longer. It’s also nice if you’re a student and get to skip out on some school because of it.

2. Hibernation Season

As how many animals go through hibernation through, I feel like humans go through it as well (at least I do). With the chilly weather coming right by the corner, it’s natural for us to fill up with food in order to keep our bodies warm and pumping. And with the roads getting more silent, we gradually become more sleepy.

3. Clothes

I love wearing warm and comfortable clothes to keep me from the harsh weathers that may come. Winter clothing is so versatile and fashionable in my opinion which brings life to the slow days of winter.

4. Christmas

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I believe the anticipation of Christmas makes us all hyped. Families gather together in their warm inviting homes and forget about the stressful times they experience perhaps in school or work. In stores there are many Christmas sales so it’s a great way to get your loved ones a Christmas present without breaking the bank. I’m not religious but I always like to go and see my town’s Christmas tree lighting each year since it’s just so beautiful.

5. New Years

After Christmas comes New Years! It’s a new year to set goals for yourself and make a new you! I always stay up on New Year's Eve to watch the ball drop to signify the new year. Wishes are made and hopefully within the new year they are granted through hard work and dedication. I always use this time to reflect back on the past year and congratulate myself with how much I’ve grown. It’s always a great thing to try new activities to explore who you are. Even if mistakes do arise in doing so, I don’t regret any experience that I took for I know that it shaped me for the person I am today.