Reasons Why We Need To Pay Attention To Solange Knowles

Solange Knowles is all around awesome, and we need to start noticing all the amazing things she's doing!

165
Don Bleek

The fact that Solange Knowles, told all of Twitter the she will be releasing an album, "A Seat At The Table", then released it on Spotify made me lose my mind! I love Solange ever since I was a kid. For those of you who don't know who she is, Solange Knowles is singer, songwriter, actress- and oh yeah-Beyonce's little sister. Solange is such an inspiration to me and others in this world. Here are a list of reasons why Solange is great, and needs to just run for president, and everybody should pay more attention to her.

1. She Speaks Her Mind

A while back, she wrote a powerful essay entitled " And Do You Belong? I Do", in where she spoke about some of her experiences with racial discrimination. In the essay she talks about a recent enounter that she had while white women at a concert. Solange was with her family trying to dance and have fun. These ladies did not like lall the dancing because it was "blocking their view", so they retaliated by throng trash at Solange and her family. Solange is a very outspoken person on pressing issues in today's world. And it is great to see that she is using the platform and position she has to raise awareness.

2. She is A Style Icon

Solange is the face to Michael Kors' street style campaign. I feel like Solange picks up the outfits that nobody would dare touch, and rocks them. She has the most freeing and quirky outfits, that she looks great in. From her walking down the street to her wedding photos, Solange looks great in everything. She could probably wear a trash bag, and still look amazing.

3. She Is A Great Sister

Her and Beyonce have such a close bond, they are the epitome of #sibling goals. They both go too each others concerts ,and show there support. Solange has Beyonce's back on evrything, and that showed through the elevator incident between her and Jay-Z. When they dance together on stage it's the cutest thing in the world.

4. She Is Hair Goals

A while ago Solange cut off all her hair, and immediately had many people talking. She explains her reason for doing so was "I honestly was just tired of the energy surrounding my hair, so when I cut it, I didn't think about what anyone else would think." Since then Solange's hair has grown significantly, and she is always switching it up. From afro to box braids, she stays #1 bae!

5. She Is An Awesome Musician

Going back to what I stated in the beginning, Solange Knowles dropped an album "A Seat At The Table", I repeat she dropped an album! She has such a pure and calming voice, with lyrics for days! So coming from a Solange fan, please go check it out!