10 Reasons Why Fall Is the Greatest Season Ever

The leaves start to change, the weather gets a little colder, and all of the pumpkins and decorations are laid out for the best time of the year.

43
HGTV

This time of year, everyone starts to get excited as the leaves start to turn from green to red. The temperature slowly starts to drop (or if you're in Iowa, it rises and falls depending on how mother nature is feeling that week). Being in the midwest means people get extra excited because they can still enjoy those semi-warmer days and still manage to wear sweaters and jeans. For those of you who have no clue what cold weather even is and haven't exactly experienced what Fall is really like, here are those reasons.

1. Seasonal Smells

This is personally my all time favorite thing about Fall. All of the candles and scents begin to hit the shelves for people to fill their homes with the amazing smell of Fall. Whether its pumpkin, cinnamon, firewood, or something crazy like pumpkin spice latte, they will always smell amazing no matter what. It brings a feeling of comfort and coziness when these scents come out and that's mainly why people love it so much. They give off a homey feeling that everyone desires.

2. Color Changing Leaves

When Fall comes around, the trees begin to change beautiful shades of orange, red, yellow. If you're lucky enough you find that one tree that still has some green left and is mixed with all the other fall colors to make it look even more gorgeous. The way mother nature changes during the fall is something most people who love this season look forward to.

3. Football Season

This one is for the boys. Football season begins and everyone's favorite weekends come about as well when Fall grows near. Getting together with family and friends, having a beer and eating smoked weenies and wings is what makes everyone love the season of Fall. It brings everyone together to support their favorite NFL and college teams and to have an overall great time during the cooler time of year.

4. Leggings Become Pants

You know it ladies, leggings are everyone's favorite "pants" to wear when the temperature starts to drop. It's the cozy season, so why wear uncomfortable jeans when you can wear stretchy leggings? To all the girls out there who look forward to Fall because of this perk, I'm right there with you.

5. Pumpkin Flavored Everything

For those of you who just can't get enough pumpkin flavor in their life, I'm happy to say that your season has come. When Fall starts to trickle into our lives slowly but surely, all stores...literally all stores, come up with anything to make into a pumpkin flavor. There's pumpkin flavored candy, candles, toothpicks, pie, cupcakes, lotion, body spray, deodorant, lipgloss, literally anything you can think of and they make it in a pumpkin flavor. It's totally not a bad thing either, we all deep down inside enjoy everything there is to the flavor of pumpkin.

6. Halloween / Thanksgiving

This category is specifically for decorations. The season of Fall is hands down the greatest season ever for decorations when it comes to these two holidays. Everyone is so giddy to get out their Halloween decor and the minute that holiday passes, you know the turkeys and leaves are coming out the second the candy bowl is empty from the night before.

7. Outfits

You can finally start to grab your favorite boxes from the downstairs storage room as you begin to pack up all of your shorts and t-shirts. For the greatest time of the year is finally here! It's finally comfy clothes season, which means sweaters, scarves, long pants, and hats. All of the cute fall colors start to hit the shelves and we all look forward to it ever year.

8. Bugs Go Away

All of the mosquitos and gnats, spiders and flies start to feel the cool nights coming in and they know that it's that time of the year again where they get to go home for a while. We get to enjoy their nonexistence during this time and not be bothered by all of those summer bug bites. It's fun having them while we can, but it's about that time where they need to go so we can enjoy our last few days of the semi-warm weather.

9. Black Friday

This is the craziest time of the year. Everyone looks forward to participating in it right after their bellies are full from the Thanksgiving meal the day before. They gather all of their newspaper and ad clippings as they pile the whole family into the car to head to the nearest mall. Where it's nearly impossible to find a parking spot and millions of people are rushing in and out of. No matter how outrageous this time of the year is, almost every finds it to be the greatest part of the season.

10. Season Of Traditions

I like to think of this season as the season of traditions. There are so many things to do during the fall that everyone can think of once the temperature starts to drop. There's apple/pumpkin picking, corn mazes, football party, fall decorating, drinking warm drinks, cozying up by the fire, jumping into a big pile of leaves, cooking, etc. All of these things are mostly done during the fall time and it's what brings family and friends together the most.