What’s sweet all the time, brings you endless happiness and always makes you feel better when you’re sad? Answer—a donut. Probably not what most girls would answer, right? Well, those girls are wrong. Donuts are the new boyfriend, ladies. Here’s why.
1. With a donut, what you see is usually what you get.
Chocolate frosted, custard-filled, brown sugar; everything is out in the open. With boys, not so much.
2. Donuts are sweet 100 percent of the time.
Boys have rough days (or weeks), and sometimes they aren’t so sweet. Why take any chances?
3. Every donut is a winner, but not every boy is a winner.
Even a bad donut is better than no donut at all.
4. Donuts don’t forget to call you back.
Or forget about Valentine’s Day, or talk to their ex-girlfriends. Just saying.
5. Donuts are there for you 24/7, 365.
Boys have to do human things, like sleep. Donuts? Always available.
6. Donuts will never make you cry.
I can’t promise the same about boys. Therefore, donuts are better for your mental health.
7. Everyone likes donuts, but not everyone will like your boyfriend.
I promise if you bring a donut home to Mom, she’ll like it. With a boy, you’ve got a 50/50 shot. And if she hates him, he’s done. It’s probably not worth the risk.
8. Donuts can be filled with the sweetness of custard or crème.
Boys are usually filled with dirty jokes and useless sports trivia. Which would you rather have?
9. You’ll never fight with a donut.
I mean, I guess you could, but you’d win every time. So even more of a benefit! Boys can be stubborn.
10. You can have two donuts and no one will see a problem.
Two boyfriends? Not so much. I know they say less is more, but really, more is more.
11. Donuts think you’re beautiful right when you roll out of bed, with your hair in a messy bun and no makeup on.
They really don’t even care if you’ve brushed your teeth. I don’t know about you, but I have yet to find a boy like that.
12. Donuts are cheaper than boyfriends.
Donuts, unlike boyfriends, don’t expect a birthday present (I mean, they don’t even have birthdays…), and you don’t have to pay for dinner every now and then to make it fair. Donuts don’t care.