7 Reasons Chocolate Is Better Than Guys

7 Reasons Chocolate Is A Million Times Sweeter Than Any Guy, No Matter How Irresistible He Might Be

Nothing can compare to chocolate.

193

Having just gotten out of a relationship that went on for far too long, I can accurately say that chocolate is so much better than any relationship literally ever. Chocolate is so much better than your boyfriend or any guy for that matter and let me tell you why.

1. Chocolate is good for your health.

According to the Harvard School of Public Health, dark chocolate is very good for heart health. Flavanol is a plant chemical that is linked to the protection of your heart. This helps improve blood flow, which in turn lowers blood pressure. Harvard has inferred that in the long run, dark chocolate could reduce the risk of diabetes. In addition to flavanol, dark chocolate is rich in iron, copper, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.

The math is simple, chocolate helps your heart, guys hurt your heart. Chocolate = best.

2. Chocolate is reliable.

Chocolate will always be there for you after a long day. Unlike men, you never have to fear that chocolate will ghost you and pretend you never existed. Your boyfriend may change up his ways at any moment for any reason, while chocolate is consistently the same. The recipe barely changes and if it does, the ingredients are still not complex or frustrating.

3. Chocolate does not cheat.

Yes, your crappy ex-boyfriend, Todd, cheated with your best friend. Chocolate won't! It does not lust over other people because it is simply incapable of human emotions! Remember when Todd cheated on you and you ate three pounds of chocolate in one weekend? Chocolate wins.

4. All your friends support your love of chocolate.

Your friends are aware of how good chocolate is for your life and know that it will never hurt you (unless you consume enormous amounts — but even then, they support). They too love chocolate and can support each other's addiction to this sweet treat.

5. Chocolate smells good.

I know, boys just smell so bad! Their poor hygiene is so very annoying! Chocolate smells great 24/7. You don't have to worry about the overwhelming Axe body spray scent covering up intense body odor because chocolate is sweet and sugary.

6. Chocolate always makes you happy.

Who hasn't been having a terrible day in class or at work and eaten some chocolate ice cream to make themselves feel better? There is no denying that chocolate brings intense happiness. Scientifically speaking, Science Focus states that chocolate contains chemicals that both make you fall in love and make you happy.

7. Chocolate is rich.

Of course, money is not everything, but no one wants to date a broke man. Supporting a broke boyfriend is exhausting especially when they are also lazy. Chocolate is inherently rich and you don't need to buy every meal you eat together.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.