Reasons Why Summer is the Best Season

Reasons Why Summer is the Best Season

Why you shouldn’t be Excited for it to be Gone

10364
Reasons Why Summer is the Best Season
http://quotesgreat.tk/

September 23 was the official start of fall this year. I don’t get what’s so great about the fall. Other than Halloween, I don’t like it very much. Fall not only means that winter is coming, but it also means that summer has come to an end. Summer is my favorite season, so I’ve got a different perspective than most people I know. Here are the reasons why I’m going to miss summer so badly.

1. Clothes
    It’s no secret that I’m short. The ‘short’ length jeans still barely drag on the ground when I wear them. Not quite long enough to get them altered, yet just long enough to make an annoying sound and get scuffed. Shorts are a much better option for my little legs. I am forced to retire the shorts at some point each fall or else I get too cold. As for tops, I’m normally cold anyway, so I have to start layering more. Its usually not as cold indoors, though, so I end up constantly being too hot or too cold. Plus, some long-sleeved shirts have sleeves so long I’ve got to roll them whether it looks cute or not.
  2. The pool
    Granted, I didn’t go to the pool much this year since I had so much going on with classes and extracurriculars, but, soon enough, the pools will be closing until next year! You never see anyone hanging out at the pool in the fall (at least not outdoor ones).

3. Green leaves
    I don’t know what it is, but I’ll always prefer green leaves to the orange and red leaves of fall. Some people see this as “pretty fall colors”, but I see it as chloroplasts breaking down and leaves dying. Too scientific? Sorry!
  4. It gets dark later in the day
    The sun sets later in summer months, and summer nights are typically still warm. It’s like Mother Nature’s invitation to stay out a little later. On the flip side, fall nights become increasingly earlier and colder as winter approaches.
  5. Less school
    For some lucky individuals, this means no school. The summer season includes our traditional Georgia “summer break” from the end of May to the beginning of August. It’s a time to get out of the classroom and go on vacation or just sleep 24/7. For me, it means I have way less class time and more time to do whatever I please.

6. The animals disappear
    You’d better say goodbye to all the cute squirrels and chipmunks soon, because even though they don’t hibernate like bears, they aren’t too fond of colder weather. I personally love them and think they’re adorable, so not seeing them is a bit sad.

7. Fresher food
    Watermelon, strawberries, grapes, limes, blackberries, mangoes…the list goes on. All of these sweet fruits are in peak season in summer and may be grown locally depending where you live. The fruit is better tasting and lower priced when it’s in season. One of my favorite summer activities is going strawberry picking with my mom at Washington Farms in Loganville.

8. Effects on health
    Research has shown that the summer season is good for our bodies in many ways. Summer is believed to be a time of relief for some people who suffer migraines, sleep disorders and skin problems such as psoriasis. Higher levels of Vitamin D may reduce risk of heart attacks as well. Additionally, people tend to be more physically active and drink more water during the summer, which is never a bad thing.

9. So many things to do
    Maybe I’m wrong here, but it appears to me that more public events happen in the summer than any other season. There are indoor and outdoor concerts, festivals, fairs, an abundance of 5K runs, firework shows, giant water slides and more. Is anyone up for going on a giant water slide in November? I didn’t think so!

Feel free to disagree, but I will never change my opinion that summer is the best season. While it may have originally been due to the fact that my birthday is during the traditional “summer break”, I can still use all of these reasons to support my favorite time of year! So while all you fall-lovers are rejoicing over pumpkin spice lattes, I’ll be patiently waiting for summer to come around once again.