7 Reasons To Stop Calling Men Simps

According to Urban Dictionary, a "simp" is defined as "a man that puts himself in a subservient/submissive position under women in the hopes of winning them over, without the female bringing anything to the table." There are many other definitions for a "simp," but basically it's shaming men who are kind to women without getting anything in return.

Let's just stop attacking nice men. Work out your own issues, don't project your shortcomings onto another man. What happened to the brotherhood? Y'all can lie for each other, but can't raise each other up? You guys can encourage murder, gang rape, and violence against women — or at least stay silent about it — but can't let your brother know it ain't cool when they bring you down for being nice to women with no expectation?

Maybe those are the real simps! The men who don't call out abusive men. Here are 7 reasons we need to stop calling men "simps," (not to mention what it actually stands for... gross).

1. Men don't need another reason to suppress their emotions.

For hundreds of years, society has been insinuating that men expressing their emotions is a sign of "weakness" and that having no emotion besides anger and aggression is the epitome of masculinity. Let's pave the way for masculines to be free of toxicity.

2. Men don't need another reason to target women.

Believe it or not, men are allowed to treat women nicely and with respect without expecting anything in return. By calling them a "simp" for doing so is backward and contributes to toxic masculinity.

3. Men should be calling each other out for disrespecting women, not respecting them.

Instead of encouraging the mistreatment of women, men should be aspiring to be the guy who is nice for no other reason than to be nice. Men should be calling out their "bros" for disrespecting women, not respecting them. Let's stay woke.

4. Men don't need another excuse to be manchildren.

According to the definition of a "simp", it's a man who is kind to a woman without getting anything in return, which means men can only be kind to women when they're being served with whatever they want. This behavior/thinking is childish and truly played out.

5. Men need real harmonious love.

Every man deserves to experience true love, which only can be achieved through a balanced and harmonious relationship. Sometimes men want to give without getting anything in return because it helps keep the relationship balanced or it just makes them feel good. Also, this doesn't mean that a relationship has to be one-sided.

6. Men need to create a positive and healthy environment.

Constantly withholding an act of unconditional love can create a whirlwind of toxicity around you that can only attract more negativity.

7. Men need to grow.

Practicing unconditional love allows for a more positive aura and opportunities. New opportunities help people grow, and we all love to see a glow up.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.