3 Reasons Why Reading Every Day Is Essential To Improving YOU

Have fun and learn about yourself!

2632

As someone who has enjoyed reading from a young age, I always thought of reading as an outlet to escape the world and go on an adventure from my couch. While I have been an avid reader throughout school, I was not always someone who had enjoyed reading the required novels in the literature curriculum today.

The best way to enjoy and benefit from reading is to do it in your free time by reading something you enjoy. Whether it is a new fiction novel, comic book, or even articles like these, reading needs to have fun content that keeps you engaged.

Here are some reasons that you should start reading in your free time:

1. Reading keeps your mind engaged while being relaxed.

When you read in your spare time, it allows you to get your mind off the busy day you had and think about something else, while also engaging your mind and learning new things.

2. Reading brings dimension and interest into your life.

When you read in your free time every day, it lets you learn new things about you! Do you enjoy reading about certain topics? What really is interesting to you? These new things you discover could lead to new hobbies, aspirations, or even life changes if they inspire you.

3. Reading helps create new relationships.

Book clubs, online forums, and just talking with people about things you like to read can be a whole new conversation starter you never had before. It shows that you are taking time out of your day to immerse yourself in an author's work.

These are just three ways that reading can help change you for the better. From creating new relationships, learning new things about yourself, and just staying relaxed reading can do all these things while also being fun. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself!

FGCU The Narrative

Florida Gulf Coast University students come together to rewrite the narrative.

Follow

2