Your Unofficially Official Guide To Sorority Recruitment

Everything and then some about how to make rush week as smooth as can be!

142

At the end of the week, you'll be where you belong. Your home for four years. the ladies that surround you are strangers now, but very soon they'll become your closest confidants that know everything about you and more. They'll be the girls you go to when you want to celebrate an A with, the girls y

Be yourself!

Super cliché, BUT you don't want to portray yourself as someone else and then end up in a house that's not for you!

Be yourself, but your BEST self

Same thing applies! Portray yourself in the best way possible in a way that's still genuine.

Don't stress

Everything will work itself out in the end.

Prepare outfits, hair, and makeup ahead of time

You don't wanna be up at 4am digging through your closet because the outfit your put together in your head looks not that great in real life.

Don't be afraid to ask the girl rushing you questions

Questions about her sorority, why she rushed that house, what stood out to her, how she knew that her house was HER house, etc!

Don't be nervous!!

Chances are, the girl rushing you is exponentially more nervous than you are.

DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!!!

Bring a little purse and put a small water bottle in it and take the drinks the girls give you at the house!!!! IT'S AUGUST!!!!!! IT'S HOT!!!!!

Keep some ~extras~ in your purse

Extras: oil blotting sheets, concealer, mints/gum, chapstick, setting spray, bobby pins, dress tape, Advil, lotion, deodorant, tampons, and whatever else you think may need.

Keep the shoes comfortable, ladies

Long days + uncomfortable shoes = a cranky PNM

Talk to your Gamma Chi

At UGA, they're called Gamma Chis, but different schools call them different things like Rho Chi and Gamma Rho. Either way, these ladies have disaffiliated from their sorority so that they can help you and give you unbiased advice. They want you to have the best rush experience possible so use this amazing resource!!

TTP

TRUST THE PROCESS! Go with your gut, not with what other people tell you.