10 Reasons Why A Pence Presidency Would Be Worse Than Trump

And there are so many more reasons then just 10.....
1655

Out of all the well-respected, liked and moderate republican candidates Donald Trump could have picked to be his running mate, Donald Trump chose Mike Pence. Mike freakin’ Pence. One of the only people on the planet that could possibly be worse than Trump to hold the highest office in the land.

I personally believe Pence was selected because Trump knows Pence just might be scarier as president than he is. Personally, I'd feel more comfortable with Cobra Commander sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office. A Pence presidency might just be motivation enough to NOT impeach Trump. And, *conspiracy theory alert* it just might be why Trump chose him.

The scary part about Pence is that, unlike Donald, he is decisive, educated and experienced in politics and STILL chooses to side with the hateful alt-right on a number of issues. At least Donald Trump continually flip-flops... Pence knows where he stands.

Pence, unlike Donald, can not claim ignorance as a defense. He has been held a consistent view on a variety of issues for years and if he continues the current pattern, he could spell disaster for this country's working and middle class.

For Pete's sake, just look at this man. His physical being just exudes stereotypical evil. The only thing whiter than his hair is his political views. He looks like he has yelled "AFTER THEM!" at least once in his life. And to prove it, here are just the top reasons he is literally satan personified:

1. He’s a flaming homophobe.

One of the most well-known criticisms of this grown-up version of a cabbage patch doll is his hatred for the LGBTQ community. In 2015, he signed a highly controversial bill that allowed Indiana businesses to discriminate against gay people because it was their “religious freedom.” Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of most religions to accept your fellow man and be kind? I don't know may religions that condone discrimination-- even of "sinners."

Jesus forgave Mary Magdalene and she was a prostitute. And Mike Pence is telling us that pizza shop owners have more moral authority than Jesus Christ?

But his hatred of the LGBTQ community does not end at the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

He supported the Defense of Marriage Act and a constitutional amendment restricting marriage to one man and one woman. Thankfully, it was not passed since it was deemed by the UN and several other organizations to infringe on human rights.

In 2007, he voted NO on HR 3685, which banned job discrimination based on sexual orientation. He literally voted to make it EASIER to discriminate against the gay community. He is signing legislation that allows for hate to be spread.

And it doesn't even end there.. He is a huge proponent of "conversion therapy," which is the practice of converting homosexual people back to being "straight." The practice sometimes involves electroshock therapy, where subjects are shown images of their desired sexual partners and then shocked in order to create negative associations with the feelings/desires the images insight.

But sexuality is not a religion. You cannot "convert" who you are attracted to. Numerous groups including the American Medical Association and the American Psychological Association have condemned the practice as inhumane.

With the amazing strides the LGBTQ community has made in the past 10 years, a Pence presidency threatens to send the LGBTQ community back in time and back into the closet.

2. He caused an HIV epidemic in Indiana.

In 2013, Pence voted to defund planned parenthood in Indiana, forcing the clinic in Scott County to close. This clinic was also the only HIV testing center in the area where 20% of the population is at or below the poverty line. In many counties across this nation, Planned Parenthood offers cost-effective STD, STI and HIV testing. Affordable HIV testing is especially important for areas where much of the population is unable to afford health insurance and do not have access to a primary care physician.

But the reason Scott County was at a higher risk of an HIV outbreak was because of a separate issue.

Like many small town counties in America with a large population at or below the poverty line, Scott County was facing an epidemic of heroin and opioid addiction. Soon after the shutdown of the Planned Parenthood and the removal of cost-friendly HIV testing, 20 new cases of HIV were being diagnosed a week, reaching 200 total new cases by the time the outbreak was controlled. The problem was stemming from needle-sharing among drug users who were unable to afford clean needles or HIV testing.

But Pence is “morally opposed to drug needle exchange programs” because he believed they promote drug use. He actually believed that the point of exchanging used needles for clean ones was to help drug users do more drugs.

*Guys, we are only at the second reason for why this man sucks and I already want to bash my head against my desk.*

Obviously, the position Pence took is absolutely dead wrong according to anyone with a brain as well as numerous health officials. “People think that if you give someone a syringe, it means they’re going to go out and inject drugs, and if don’t give them syringes, they won’t inject drugs... But the thing is that if you don’t give them syringes, they share them, and then people will start getting HIV and viral hepatitis C” is just one comment made by a health care professional.

Drug addiction needs to stop being treated as a criminal issue and looked at for what it truly is: a health issue.

And Mike Pence choosing to see the problem as the former, not the latter. Mike Pence showed his true ignorance on the opioid problem-- one of the leading problems in our country. This problem affects a vast majority of Americans, directly or indirectly. We all probably know of someone who is struggling with or has died from drug addiction.

With the problem escalating by the day, one can only imagine that under Pence, the heroin problem would become an HIV epidemic. One of the only men who can manage to make a heroin problem worse than it already it.

3. He doesn't believe in a woman's right to her own body.

While Donald enjoys taking away women's sexual choices based on his now infamous "grab 'em by the..."comments, Pence thinks he gets to decide how women handle the ramifications of sexual choices, since he has been vehemently anti-abortion since taking office.

Even before hoax videos were introduced to congress showing fetal tissue being sold, Pence was pushing for defunding Planned Parenthood. After the fake video was released, he investigated Indiana's planned parenthood clinics: an investigation that went nowhere, obviously.

In March, he signed insane anti-abortion laws requiring aborted fetuses to be cremated and prevented abortions for fetal anomalies, such as down syndrome.

The backlash he received fro this law was astronomical. He was even sued by the ACLU and Planned parenthood for severely restricting access to abortion because of the new bill. Many women responded with the "Periods for Pence" protest to the bill because any period could also be a potential miscarriage.

Women asked Pence, "Should we burn their our used feminine products?"

Needless to say, Pence either hates women or is clueless about their reproductive systems. Any person who respects women and their autonomy as individual human beings would look at this man like the monster he is.

And, just as an aside, no federal funds given to planned parenthood are allowed to be used in choice-based abortions and only 3% of what Planned Parenthood does is abortion related. So, Pence, you aren't fighting abortions-- you're fighting STD testing, preventative measures, treatment for cervical cancers and routine pap smears.

4. He is a climate change denier.

Keeping with the theme of rejecting science and facts, Mike Pence believes that because 3 out of 100 scientists say there is skepticism about global warming, it is not real.

“In the mainstream media, there is a denial of the growing skepticism in the scientific community on global warming,” Pence claimed in a 2009 interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews.

This claim is completely false.

Climate change is a fact and is only disputed among scientists who receive funding from corporations with vested interests in carbon-based profits. And virtually every other nation on earth has recognized and made strides to reduce this global issue. The Kyoto Protocol (a UN proposal which aims to reduce the harmful effects of global warming) has been revered in international relations as a shining example of nations universally working together on an issue. Only three nations did not sign it were Afghanistan, Sudan, and the USA. Out of the 195 nations that are members of the UN, The US was only one of three who say Climate Change is not an issue.

The world realizes this is an issue: why can't Mike Pence?

Not only is climate change real, but it has been referred to the biggest public safety threat. And our new Vice President does not believe in it. How are the American people supposed to go to sleep at night knowing one of the most powerful men in the country does not believe in the greatest threat to them?

The destruction of Climate change is already being felt by Americans. Oklahoma received a record number of earthquakes this past year due to fracking. Coastal populations in the American south are threatened by rising sea levels and increasingly severe tropical storms.

In the west, reduction in snowpack during the winter months has been leading to drought and higher competition for water in the summer months.

We are going to be leaving this world in a worse condition than we came into it for our grandchildren and just because Mike Pence's old butt isn't going to be around to see the damage-- does not mean this issue is to be ignored.

5. He doesn’t believe in evolution.

By this point in the article, you should know that Mike Pence is not a man of science. Pence believes that humans were just placed on earth, despite ample evidence that we evolved from another species. In a 2009 exchange with the Huffington Post, pence made it clear that he is a creationist:

"Do I believe in evolution? I embrace the view that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them... the means that he used to do that, I can’t say. But I do believe in that fundamental truth."

Watch this full four-minute video from C-SPAN from a much younger looking Pence, disproving evolution.

6. He’s against minimum wage increase

With the gap between the socio-economic classes increases every day and our country slowly moving to an oligarchy, increasing the minimum wage is an issue everyone should care about. But not Pence. While politicians like Bernie Sanders were fighting for the people and a 15$ minimum wage, Pence was opposing an 8.25$. A real man of the people, Mike Pence.

But Mike Pence, like many republicans, has benefitted from huge corporate campaign contributions. Corporations do not want to have to pay workers a livable wage since that's money out of their already overflowing, over privileged wallets. Instead of paying their workers a livable wage, they would rather pay off politicians like Mike Pence to keep them from having to do that.

7. He’s A Koch'd up governor

While Mike Pence has recently been distancing himself from the infamous Koch Brothers, who are known for donating immense sums of money to politicians in order to further their personal business interests, Pence has a record of hiring Koch staffers and accepting money to fund his campaigns. Hey, maybe Pence and claim ignorance, since he is just a GOP puppet for business profits.

8. He said “smoking does not kill”

Going along with the theme of being influenced heavily by whoever donates to him, Mike Pence has been quoted saying “smoking doesn’t kill”. Coincidentally, at the same time, big tobacco companies were funding him. After claiming smoking does not kill, the rewarded him with $100,000 worth of campaign donations. Pence said smoking doesn't kill in 1998, over 50 years AFTER the surgeon general’s landmark report on smoking which leads to a steady decline among the American public.

9. Hoosiers hate him too.

After his controversial bill on marriage equality brought his state to the forefront of LGBTQ civil rights, the governor's approval rating dropped to an abysmal low: 40%. That is lower than George Bush's post-Katrina approval rating. Also, it's coincidentally Trump's current approval rating as well: the lowest approval rating of any incoming president.

This walking elephant in a suit doesn't even have hometown support. Not even half of the people from his home state agree with this man. Perhaps, because he has proven time and time again, he is not fighting for the common man. He is not fighting for women. He is not fighting for gay or transgender people. He's fighting for one person and one person only; himself.

10. He said the Disney movie Mulan is bad for encouraging women to join the military.

Yup. in 1999, he said Mulan was a "mischevious liberal trying to make people question the role of women in the military". To paraphrase, he said that young women and young men find each other sexually attractive and if you put them in close quarters for long periods of time, they will start to "shack up" with each other, just as Mulan did with her superior officer. His conclusion? "Women in military: bad idea." He is not going to fight for 50% of the nation. And he is going to do so by criticizing an empowering children's movie. Glad to see you have your priorities in order, Pence.

He is an insane, alt-right nut case who only cares about profits and people who look like him. He looks like every failed college basketball coach and seems to be just a disgruntled as one. It's easy to see why he and Donald get along so great, now. But now in America, we have the least liked president that has been inaugurated in modern history. And I believe by picking Pence as his VP, Trump found the only politician more corrupted, more dangerous, and eviler than he is.

If you are disgusted as I am that this man is anywhere near a public service position, there are steps you can take.

There is a Pence look alike going around New York gay neighborhoods collecting money for LGBTQ groups and planned parenthood. Not all heroes wear capes; some wear short shorts.

If you would like to donate to the Trevor Project (a nationwide suicide prevention hotline for LGBTQ youth) or Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence’s name, you can do so here and here.

And as always, contact your local senator, congressmen, or anyone in a government service position. Let them know this man does not stand for what you believe in. Let them know that in order to get your vote, they are going to need to fight against his insane measures.

Find your local senator here.

Find your representatives here.