Why I'm Thankful For my Boyfriend

Why I'm Thankful For my Boyfriend

You're the best. Seriously.

167
Why I'm Thankful For my Boyfriend
Jessica Steele

Since it's November and Thanksgiving is upon us, I figured it was appropriate to tell you all why I'm thankful for the things/people in my life. Today is for my boyfriend.

1. You make me laugh

There have been countless times when you've made me frustrated or upset, mostly over small, stupid things, and each time you have been able to make everything better by being completely goofy and utterly adorable. When I don't want to smile, you make me laugh by telling silly jokes, or saying stupid puns (which are my favorite, to be honest). I honestly can't even stay mad at you for more than a few minutes, because you cheer me up. This is why we haven't really had any fights. We've definitely argued, but it always ends with you making me laugh.

2. You make me happy

If anyone truly knows me, they know that depression is something I struggle with daily. I can't control when depression really hits me, and most of the time it's fairly often. You don't judge me, or make me feel like whatever is wrong isn't valid. You make sure I'm okay, and you try your very best to understand and help me. You work harder than most would even consider doing to make sure, at the end of the day, I'm smiling. You make me forget about everything I'm upset about, and you make sure I never stay in my sadness. You make me happier than any guy has been able to. I truly haven't been this happy in a good six years.

3. I'm completely comfortable with you

I'm able to 100% be myself with you, and I'm pretty sure you're the same with me. I've always been one to worry too much about how people viewed me, but I don't have that with you. I'm able to say how I feel without you judging me. I always know that I have someone to lean on.

4. You accept my quirks

We are both well aware that I do things that bother or annoy you, and there are things you do that do the same to me. But we accept each other. You're aware of all of my flaws, and you still choose to be with me, regardless. You're able to put my quirks aside and focus on the good about me, and I'm able to do the same with you.

5. You're so supportive of me

I've always had problems with how I see myself, and how I feel about myself, and you always tell me how important I am to you. You tell me how much I'm worth when I feel completely worthless. You do everything you can to encourage me to better myself and my life, without being mean about it. You try to understand all of my problems, and you do everything you can to support me. I know it can be extremely hard to understand me, but you do your best to be there for me, no matter what I'm dealing with.

6. You help me fight

Battling mental illness, there's more bad days then there are good, and that makes dating someone extremely challenging. You make sure to let me know that I'm never alone, even when I feel like it. You remind me that I'll always have someone beside me to help me recover, and you keep me levelheaded most of the time. You let me know when I'm slacking in recovery, and you encourage me to continue to fight, especially when I feel like there's absolutely zero fight left in me. You figure out ways to help me feel better about myself, and that honestly means the world to me.

7. You give me hope

There's always days where I feel like nothing is going right, and nothing will ever work out for me. There's days where I feel like I won't make it to nursing school, and I just want to quit everything. You tell me that I need to focus, and you assure me that I can pull through, that I can do anything I want to with my future.

8. Your sweetness

You're incredibly sweet to me. You make me feel important to you, and you do little things that show how kind you are. You bring me flowers at work, and you do the things I want to do, even if you could care less. Also, you're kind to others. You're willing to give to others. You put your family first. You're always there for your friends in their times of need. You hate letting people down. You've truly got a kind heart.

9. You try to be patient with me

We both know all too well that I'm easily the most indecisive person in the world. I can never decide what I want to do, or even what I want to eat or drink. I can't make a decision, about anything, on my own. There's been times when I've asked your opinion on what shoes or what makeup to by, knowing that you could honestly care less. But you still give me your opinions. I'm quite ridiculous most of the time, and sometimes you get a little annoyed about my indecisiveness, but for the most part you're very patient with me.

10. You act like a kid with me

Sometimes we wrestle, sometimes we laugh at stupid videos or pictures together. Your favorite thing to do is to tickle me, even AFTER I tell you to stop. You like hearing my life, and seeing me smile. We can be completely stupid together, but that doesn't mean we can't be serious. Among all of our childish antics, we often have serious talks thrown into the mix. It's a perfect combination of both.

11. You accept my eating habits

I do weird things with my food. I eat baked potatoes with ketchup on them. I eat a lot of salad. I have to have my food cooked a certain way. I don't eat a lot of fast food. I only eat at certain restaurants. I only eat certain things. Of all of these weird things, you accept them all and you never make me feel stupid about it. You honestly never even comment on my habits, it's usually me who mentions something about it. I make you try my drinks to make sure they're diet, because you know I would refuse to drink it if I thought otherwise. These probably aren't your favorite things about me, but you never complain about any of it, and I love that.

12. You're more calm than I am

I have zero chill majority of the time. I'm easily frustrated, and I tend to lose my cool. You're always there to tell me to calm down, and you don't seem to let things get to you the way I let them get to me. Thanks for being more level-headed than I am.

13. You take pictures with me, even when you don't want to

I know you probably hate how I have to take 1000 pictures until I think I have a good one, but you do it anyways. You make silly faces with me, and you let me force you to take pictures with you at random times. But in my defense, I think you have a super cute smile, so I have to capture it as much as possible. ;)

14. You're my best friend

I always have a great time with you, even though we don't go on a lot of dates. I have fun just hanging out with you, doing absolutely nothing at all. You're always there for me when I need to talk, and you stick up for me. You push me to be a better person, and you're just all around amazing. You tell me how I'm your best friend, and I can easily say the same about you.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll stop here. I just wanted to thank you for everything you do for me, and being my go-to. I don't ever really tell you just how much all that you do means to me. Thanks for being the best person for me. <3