Reasons for Stanning Ariana

Reasons for Stanning Ariana

207
Reasons for Stanning Ariana
Capital FM

People often ask me why I like Ariana Grande so much or how I could possibly possess such admiration for a former Nickelodeon star. Well, to answer their question – not only is she an unbelievably talented pop icon, but she is also as woke as "Nickelodeon stars" come. For someone so young, she has an incredibly vast knowledge of issues such as women's rights, animal rights, and healthy eating.

In December of 2016, after an experience with a fan and her boyfriend, she Tweeted the following:

But she did not stop there. The singer continued the very next day in a series of Tweets:

Grande received her rightful praise from various people within the industry in the weeks afterwards for her brave endeavors to eradicate the extremely toxic "she was asking for it" rhetoric and address the blatant and constant objectification of women.

She does her absolute best to ensure that she always maintains a drama-free artistry and never involves herself in the act of women being pitted against each other.

Ari-G has also shown peer and singer Kesha endless support during her legal battle with Dr. Luke.

And that's not all. The 23-year-old has been preaching her feminist stance for years now. In a 2015 post, she makes it very clear that she does not belong to anyone.

Her efforts to fight sexism and bring awareness to as well as eliminate the common double standards, misogynistic ideologies, and slut-shaming tactics that are still prevalent in our society do not go unnoticed.

This is evident in a radio interview with Power 106 in which she snaps "boys and girls, we can all learn" after becoming slightly frustrated with the male interviewees in the room that seem to hold men and women on two different platforms and tells them "you need a little brushing up on equality" because they find it hard to believe that men can use the unicorn emoji. Ahhh. Masculinity is so very fragile, ain't it?

Grande was most certainly also outraged and not very happy with being constantly referred to as "Sean's girl." She discloses, “I’m tired of needing to be linked to a guy, I’m not Big Sean’s ex, I’m not Niall’s new possible girl. I’m Ariana Grande." Who wouldn't be? "I’ll never be able to swallow the fact that people feel the need to attach a successful woman to a man when they say her name," declares Grande in an interview for the cover of Billboard magazine, in which she also tells us:

If you’re going to rave about how sexy a male artist looks with his shirt off and a woman decides to get in her panties or show her boobies for a photo shoot, she needs to be treated with the same awe and admiration. I will say it until I’m an old-ass lady with my tits out at Whole Foods. I’ll be in the produce aisle, naked at 95, with a sensible ponytail, one strand of hair left on my head and a Chanel bow. Mark my words. See you there with my 95 dogs.

And she's not kidding, either. Grande is an enormous advocate for rescuing and adopting dogs in need and currently has 9 of her own!

Being an animal lover means not just speaking out for one group but for allanimals. She is a supporter of PETA and has also been known to denounce the practices of SeaWorld for their mistreatment and cruelty against sea creatures and holding them in captivity. “I used to love Sea World," she admits to New York Daily News. "I thought the animals were safe and happy. Then I learned what happened — that they’re taken out of their habitat and kidnapped. It breaks my heart. They’re not ours...”

She has even made friends at the PreetiRang Sanctuary and "called upon her Twitter followers to stand up for [wild] elephants by putting an end to ivory poaching."

Unfortunately this does not erase how problematic she has come off as throughout previous years. In the past she has been accused of using her gay brother and the LGBT community to her advantage as a means of targeted advertising. At one point she even slipped up into body shaming another girl by telling her fans her "lil ass is a lot cuter" than that of the person in the pictures that surfaced during the so-called leaked nude photo scandal.

Then we have, of course, "Donutgate" – the donut-licking incident which she has since then apologized for in a public statement she issued over Twitter in which she expressed her concern for the eating habits and child obesity rate in America, as well as a video posted on YouTube shortly after in which she unabashedly owned up to her mistakes. She has somewhat always been called out on for her "diva-like behavior," but both of her apologies seemed genuine and heartfelt. Therefore, much of the public has forgiven her – myself included.

It is crucial to remember that no one – and that does not exclude celebrities – is perfect, and everyone requires room for growth and improvement. Like anyone else, Ariana is continuously striving to educate herself and in turn be a better human being.

In addition to being an advocate for healthy eating and fitness, she is also vegan and has been since 2013.

The star was ecstatic to announce her one-year anniversary, too.

During an interview with Mirror, she proclaims:

I love animals more than I love most people, not kidding. But I am a firm believer in eating a full plant-based, whole food diet that can expand your life length and make you an all-round happier person.

She also works very hard to make sure she teaches her fans and all those who support her the importance of self-love, self-acceptance, and self-confidence.

Ultimately, Ariana teaches us how to love ourselves and find balance in this hectic world.

Finally, the songstress maintains a generous, extraordinary philanthropy, having been a member of Broadway in South Africa as well as associated with charity work for organizations such as "Kids Who Care" - which she co-founded, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and others regarding bullying and/or seeking aid for third-world countries. Goes to show how much she cares about this planet and those inhabiting it.

So, why do I – and millions of others – stan Ariana Grande-Butera? The proof is in the screenshots. It is clear that she is tremendously vocal and passionate about the matters that make a difference in her life and she holds dear to her heart. She is a humanitarian and activist all across the world and does not cease to serve as an inspiration, a positive influence, and a role model to many from all walks of life. She may be young, but there is no doubt that she has an immense amount of talent and knowledge to give to and share with the world.