The Best Things About Fall

The Best Things About Fall

Autumn is by far the best season of the year.

24
The Best Things About Fall
Boston Tours US

By the time September rolls around, I am extremely ready for fall. From the changing of the leaves, to the cooler temperatures, and fun holidays, autumn is the best season. During this season, everyone goes back to school, football starts again, and pumpkins are finally in season. There are an endless amount of fun activities and reasons to enjoy this season, however, we would be here forever so here are the highlights.

Pumpkins: Starting with my personal favorite, when fall comes around pumpkins also come back. If you don’t live in America, I am truly sorry because this ah-mazingly cute and delicious vegetable is one of my reasons for living. The pumpkin itself is extremely versatile since you can cook with it, carve it, paint it, or worship it if you’re Linus van Pelt, long live the Great Pumpkin. Also, if you are as obsessed as I am or you just love the flavor make sure to stop by Trader Joe’s since they carry over 50 pumpkin products in the fall. Pumpkin patches themselves are a great family-friendly activity as well, and once you pick the perfect pumpkin to adorn your living space, most of the time you can also catch a hayride or try to get out of a maze.

Apples: Along with the pumpkins, apples are another fall staple. Besides just baking delicious pies we get to enjoy drowning in Apple Cider in the fall. In addition, driving to your closest orchard and apple picking is another great fall activity, you can go with your squad or your bae and take super cute Insta pics.

Fires: With the colder temperatures, bonfires and fire pits are a great way to stay warm at night. You can always make a couple more s’mores if you have some supplies left over from summer. Or you could chill by the fire inside and obliviously eat fondue. If you don’t want to get eaten by mosquitoes outside than definitely have some fondue, cheese or chocolate. Moreover, if you love making your living space smell beyond great, fall scented candles come back, it’s time to stock up on those great scents you love while they last.

Back to School: Whether you’re going back or just starting school, everyone is ready to go back and see friends. If you’re in college, you especially can’t wait till fall rolls around to enjoy being away from home and having fun with your newest and closest BFFs. Back to school is also a great excuse to go shopping whether it’s for school supplies or clothes you have to prepare yourself with new goodies.

Football: This American sport dominates the fall season and if you’re a die-hard fan then you cannot wait for fall to come around so you can start rooting for your favorite team to win the Super Bowl. If you have been keeping track of your team during the offseason then you are probably ready to see your favorite players back in action along with how the trades and new hires work with your favorite team. Additionally, with football, comes tailgating, and if you’re a college student the after parties if your school’s team wins are always fun.

Holidays: In the fall, in America, we get to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving and we get days off for Labor Day and Columbus Day. In October, Halloween is always great since we get free candy and we get to pretend to be someone else. In November, Thanksgiving is also great since it’s the perfect time for a short break, you get to see extended family and eat all of the delicious food, I personally cannot wait for Trader Joe’s to restock their gluten-free stuffing. Also if you are a fall baby like me, you can’t wait for fall to come back because you finally get to celebrate your birthday.

Clothing: All of my girls out there know that fall is the best time for fashion. We can hang up the shorts and put on layers of sweaters, scarves, jackets, and boots. We also get to enjoy fur, velvet, wool, suede, leather, and fun accessories like ear muffs and gloves. The options are limitless and the opportunity to serve looks is impending. Likewise, if you really enjoy fashion you are probably more than ready for September for fashion month to get started so you can gush over all the new collections and watch your favorite models slay the runway.

TV & Movies: Grab hold of your weaves, because in the fall all of our fav TV shows come back. Everybody loves some show or another and once the shows start again it’s always fun to obsess over what’s happening this season with your friends the next day or if you get busy, then you binge watch on the weekends to catch up. Personally, I’m here for Scream Queens, How To Get Away With Murder, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, I haven’t caught up on Scandal yet but hopefully, I’ll get around to it soon. Also, in the fall usually in November, the studios releases more blockbusters for us to enjoy on the big screen, this year Doctor Strange and Rouge One are some of the highlights.

Winter: Winter is coming, and we’re all excited, after all, the Starks are always right eventually. With fall, comes winter and a whole other list of reasons to get excited.