6 Reasons You're Better Off Dating The Girl Who's In Love With Sports

She majors in trash talk, and you are not off limits.

191
Mackenzie Boivin

Ever since I was little I have played and watched sports constantly. I love everything about sports and pretty much any sport. The only two channels my roommate and I ever have on are for football games or hockey games. Most of my dream jobs have always involved sports in some form or another. I almost went down the road of becoming the next Erin Andrews. The perks that come with dating a girl who loves sports like I do are pretty awesome to have, no lie. So here are some of the best ones.

1. She is loyal.

Speak out against my team, and I will have your head. Sports teaches loyalty so you will have no worry that I would ever cheat you short. My spirit and pride for my teams show just how loyal I am. You would be lucky to have a girl as loyal as me. Green and gold till I die, Ski U Mah, and I love my Blueshirts.

2. She can trash talk and throw chirps like no other.

Oh boy, with loyalty comes trash talking. I can write you off in a mere second for anything you say. Also, I can hang with the boys no problem. My chirps (aka burns) will make your friends respect me and hate me all at once. I won’t be shy and timid, I will find what I can and hit ‘em with whatever they send my way. But also, that doesn’t leave you off limits, so bring your A game.

3. She can be a potty mouth.

I won’t be offended if you drop the f bomb after you stub your toe on the corner of the couch. You should see me when someone drops on the ice, not a chance I will stay quiet or very ladylike. I have turned a few heads with my loud mouth; it is what it is. But, as a former athlete, I understand when and where to let it go, so don’t be worried that I will go off in front of your parents.

4. She knows "sports talk".

No, I don’t know your favorite quarterback's sixth cousin's nephew's blood type, but I understand sports and we can have conversations about basketball, soccer, hockey, baseball, football and even golf. I get the basics, and can even elaborate. So don’t worry, you will never have to dumb it down for me.

5. She wants to watch the game.

I am always up to watch a game, no matter what sport it may be. But, we might get into a fight if you try and change the hockey game to something else. You have nothing to fret, you will never catch me watching "Say Yes to the Dress" over some good ‘ol Sunday Night Football. In fact, good luck getting the TV if there's a Rangers game on. I'm watching all three periods, and you better not talk.

6. She can’t wait for game day.

You can always count on me to be up and ready to go on game days. There is nothing I love more than live sports. And also, you can always score a great gift for me that you can also enjoy, pro game tickets!

So go ahead, and try one of us on for size. The girl who loves sports is your best choice for a girlfriend.