15 Reasons College Friends Are Forever Friends

When you get lucky enough to find a group of people who keep you grounded and happy, don't ever let them go.

46
Phuket Golf

College can be a tough place. You are on your own trying to find yourself, become who you want to be, and realize your passion all in a short time period of four years (or maybe a little bit more). It’s a time of learning, growth, and responsibility to prepare us for the “real world.” And doing that alone, in my personal opinion, would make them the hardest years of my life.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you, it's to keep your college friends as close as possible. When you get lucky enough to find a group of people who keep you grounded and happy, don't ever let them go.

Here are 15 reasons why your college friends will be your forever friends.

1. They are the people that understand you like no other.

It just takes one look and you have a full conversation with just your eyes. They know exactly what you need when you need it, whether it's a hug or just some space to yourself. They get you.

2. They will never wake up one day and decide they don't love you anymore.

Enough said. You are there for each other and that will never change. Unlike "others," your friends will always have your back and you will always be there for them.

3. No one can make you laugh like they can.

The inside jokes are infinite and just one look can inspire a 10-minute ab-cramping laughing session. Even on your darkest days, they will get a laugh out of you.

4. Honesty never fails and they will always tell you how it is.

The best type of friends are the ones who are straight up and call you out... They can read right through you. We all need a little tough love sometimes, and your friends will be the ones who can snap you out of your hard times.

5. They won't cheat on you... or break your heart.

If there is anyone who will stick by you, it's your friends. They will heal that broken heart -- never shatter it more.

6. You are going through similar things together.

It's nice to have some company during the stress of college -- especially those all-nighters during Finals Week.

7. They get you through the rough times and the late nights.

No one else is going to make sure that your hair is pulled back and that you don't leave your credit card at the bar. Admit it -- without your friends, you wouldn't have made it home a few nights.

8. Who else will tell you not to dress like that or not to wear your hair like that?

The squad can never go out looking anything less than perfect, and you will all hold yourself accountable. Friends who slay together stay together.

9. They are always up for a photo shoot.

No matter how long it takes, your true friends will take as many pictures as possible to get that perfect, candid picture for Insta. And will always hit you with that loyal like and comment.

10. They will always be that little motivation you need to get you going.

Whether it's to get out the door for that 8 a.m. class or to get over that idiot who broke your heart, they will always be there to push you through.

11. When you hit rock bottom, they will hit it with you.

When you just can't take it anymore and finally hit a wall, they will be the ones to lie with you for a while. They will motivate you to get through eventually, but they know that a good cry or just lying there saying nothing at all is absolutely necessary.

12. No judgment whatsoever.

The unspeakable nights remain unspoken and the conversations that would make other people think you are insane remain on the down-low. Eat that pizza at 2 a.m. for a cheat day if you want -- they don't care (they're probably eating it too, anyway).

13. They're there for absolutely everything.

Whether you need to look like you are having an important phone conversation to avoid people walking to class or you just need someone to listen to you, call on your friends.

14. College would be a sad, lonely place without them around.

Without them, you would never have the adventures to look back on or the laughs you wouldn't want to share with anyone else. They bring light into the darkest times.

15. They are your friends for life.

When you finally accomplish all your goals and achieve all your dreams, don't forget to look next to you. Your girls will still be there, no matter what.