9 Reasons I'll Choose A Dad Bod Over Rock-Hard Abs Every Time

Sure, washboard abs are amazing, but there's just something about the dad-bod.

444
YouTube

I'm sure you've heard of it. It's sweeping the nation. Ladies everywhere can't get enough of the dad-bod. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the dad-bod, let me break it down for you. The dad-bod is a body type perfectly in the middle of overweight and abs of steel. Dad-bods workout occasionally, but they're also down to eat an entire medium pizza by themselves. Unlike super toned, buff guys, dad-bods have a little extra cushion, so to speak.

I mean, sure, washboard abs are amazing, but there's just something about the dad-bod that is so alluring. Maybe it's because the dad-bod is less intimidating, or maybe it's because the dad-bod just seems more natural. Whatever the true reason may be, here are 9 reasons I'll personally choose the dad-bod over rock-hard abs every time!

1. You know what to expect.

Girls love to envision what their lives will be like 20 years from now, especially when we meet a potential new bf, and if he has a dad-bod at 21, then he'll probably look the same at 41, so there won't be any surprises.

2. Dad-bods won't judge you for skipping out on the gym every now and then.

Because he's definitely skipped a few gym sessions himself.

3. Girls don't feel as self-conscious standing next to a dad-bod.

As women, we are already expected to meet impossible standards, and being with someone who is #Ripped makes us even more conscious of the way we look. Dad-bods don't care about being perfect all the time, so this makes us feel like we don't need to be perfect.

4. Dad-bods know how to have fun.

They're not constantly worried about counting calories or what time they need to be at the gym, so they can focus more on having a good time with you. They're also always down for sharing a popcorn and candy at the movies or going on a dinner date for pizza.

5. Dad-bods have an amazing sense of humor.

They know how to make you laugh. They're confident in themselves and don't mind feeling/looking a little silly to get a couple of laughs out of you.

6. Dad-bods are always down for a cheat meal.

They don't care about meal prepping and paleo-diets. They're always down for a nice burger and a few drinks. And they definitely won't judge you for your eating habits because chances are, his eating habits are the same.

7. Dad-bods generally have incredible personalities.

They're less worried about how they look, and more focused on being themselves. They're quirky, charming, and laid-back. They know that outward appearance isn't the most important thing.

8. Dad-bods are better at cuddling.

Would you rather cuddle a brick or a teddy bear?

9. Dad-bods are realistic.

They know looks will fade, so they're not concerned with working out for hours on end. They're more concerned with building his intellectual and people skills, rather than building muscle. They know that in the big scheme of things, abs of steel won't mean anything in 40 years, but intelligence and personality will.