Reasons to Appreciate Spring

Reasons to Appreciate Spring

Say hello to sunshine and flowers and beauty all around.

313
Reasons to Appreciate Spring
Globe Views

Spring is officially here! That means sunshine, rain, flowers, and (unfortunately) pollen for the next couple of months! Springtime is one of my favorite times of the year. I may not get to run through open fields and sing songs, but at least it's not cold outside! Whether or not you love or hate spring, here are some things that I really appreciate about spring coming:

That means sunshine, rain, flowers, and (unfortunately) pollen for the next couple of months! Springtime is one of my favorite times of the year. I may not get to run through open fields and sing songs, but at least it's not cold outside! Whether or not you love or hate spring, here are some things that I really appreciate about spring coming:

1. The weather!

We all know that during winter, "The weather outside is frightful..." except we live in Georgia- this means that it's probably just bitterly cold and windy. If it "snows," we just have ice. Spring is a definite change to that. We can usually rely on having warm weather, though it does get a little rainy.

2. It's beautiful outside!

Though pollen may suck, spring is the beginning of beautiful flowers and trees. Everything is starting to come back to life, and colors fill the world around us like a painting. The flowers blooming brings out the birds and other animals! Though birds may wake you at 6 am, they are still gorgeous.

3. You can nap outside!

Whether it's on a quad, a bench, or a hammock, spring means that it's officially warm enough to nap outside again. Walking through a college campus, it's impossible to miss the number of students who decided to work outside, yet managed to drift off. These naps are refreshing and rejuvenating!

4. No more layers!

In winter, we have to dress in layer after layer to stay warm: undershirt, long-sleeved shirt, light jacket then big coat. And who can forget a hat and gloves? When you get to your destination, which is usually warm, you then have to strip and find a place to store your layers. Spring brings an end to that! Goodbye big winter coats, hello spring dresses and shorts!