10 Reasons Summer Is Better Than Fall

10 Reasons Summer Is Better Than Fall

I'm not ready for pumpkin everything.

1740
10 Reasons Summer Is Better Than Fall
YouTube

With the countdown beginning to the first leaf fall, color change, and pumpkin everything, I just want to say: summer is better than fall.

Don't get me wrong- there a few things I enjoy about fall, but I have to say, I don't get what the big deal is. Summer is way better for so many reasons and I'm going to prove it to you.

(Small point- I live in Maine, where we actually get the full experience of all four seasons, so this is a bit more specific for northern states.)

1. You Know What To Expect For Weather

Summer is hot. Obviously. Fall though, you have to prepare yourself to either be warm or cold because it could change at any moment. There's rain and wind and you never can dress just right for the temperature. Summer is easy, though. It's hot and humid and you get to wear cute bright clothes you know you're going to be comfortable in.

2. You Eat Healthier During Summer

Once fall hits, everyone loves to bake, eat soup, drink hot chocolate, etc. You're loving the small chill and getting yourself into the feeling for winter, so you stop caring a little bit. During the summer it's too hot to cook, plus a lot of delicious fruits and veggies are in season. I want cool things when I'm hot. Salad, fruit, sandwiches, something light and fresh. You also drink a lot more water in the summer, which we all know you're supposed to drink a pretty hefty amount everyday year round. However, as my mom put it to me earlier, the minute it gets a little cold or the pants/sweaters come out, you sort of don't care to an extent. You want cookies, pumpkin spice everything, etc. We even have an apple orchard that makes literally the best doughnuts I've ever had and you can bet I'm going to stock up on those babies. So your body starts taking a bit of a toll, and only getting worse as winter hits. There's a reason we all worry about our "summer bodies."

3. Fall Means Sickness

The temperature drops and before you know it all you start hearing is people sniffling. The inevitable cold strikes and you're down for the count. I always get sick come fall and that just makes everything so much more miserable. I want to go back into summer when I was healthy and living my life. But no, instead I'm in bed with a box of tissues losing my will to take care of myself. Everyone is sick and I'm fighting to avoid germs.

4. Everything Is Finally Open In The Summer

Once it passes Memorial Day weekend, the summer places open and I'm ready for fun. We only have a few short months to enjoy it and you have to make the most of it. Once Labor Day weekend hits, it's considered fall and everything closes. The amusement parks, the water parks- they all leave us high and dry.

5. Longer Daylight Hours

Summer means long days having fun and living life. It gets dark later and the weather is still rather nice, so you can still be out. Even walks are lovely, and so much more. Even just lounging around watching the sunset is nice.

6. Windows Down, Music Up

One of my favorite things in summer is having the windows down and my music going, just driving, taking small road trips, and taking pictures of the amazing sights.

7. Ice Cream

Need I say more? There's no better way to cool down then going out for some amazing ice cream of all different kinds of flavors.

8. Summer Music

I'm not just taking all those awesome summer jams either, but concerts and festivals. I'm a huge music lover and all the new songs and opportunities to see artists is pretty rad.

9. Balloon Festival

This is definitely a thing in my area that goes on, I'm not sure how many other people get this, but come August we have our annual balloon festival. There are vendors that serve great food, small stands of all sorts of things to buy, rides, music, fun, oh and obviously all the different hot air balloons. Different companies have them, and there's always all sorts of characters and fun balloons to see fill up the sky from sunrise to sunset. It's a weekend my city lives for.

10. Friends

Everyone is on summer break and it's time to reunite. I miss my friends when they leave me to go off to school, so summertime is the best because I get to see them and do all this fun stuff with them. Summer is the time for memories. When fall comes, they all leave again, and I don't see them for a while. Sure, they're home for the holidays, but that's usually spent with their families.

I really could go on forever with all the small details that make summer so much fun and better than fall. I know I wrote an article not too long ago about why being a girl is summer sucks, and I still believe that. It's gross and hard, but I'd much rather enjoy the fun it brings than being cooped up indoors sick or never knowing what to wear to be comfortable.

Summer is a time to be healthy and have fun. Fall means school and the impending doom of the fast approaching winter and snow.

Tell me your thoughts. What else is great about summer? Are their any reasons you think fall is actually the better season? (If it's anything to do with pumpkin, I will fight you.)