Why I Love Reality TV

Why I Love Reality TV

It's not for everyone, but I sure do enjoy it.

4
Why I Love Reality TV
https://www.etonline.com/real-housewives-beverly-hills-season-8-taglines-are-here-exclusive-92901

Right now, reality TV has become a big thing with shows like "The Bachelor" and "Big Brother," "Real Housewives," and "Survivor." I'm not super sure why they have become so popular, but I know for me it's because they are so dramatic and entertaining. It's so hard for me to turn it off. Just the fact that when I watch it their lives are so dramatic, real or fake, that makes me feel glad I don't have that much drama in my life.

Even though they are so popular, there is shame and judging that comes with them. I know for me when I tell someone that I love shows like this, they say "why would you love to watch something like this" or "how do you watch this." It's like they think that I should feel ashamed for watching it. They can be stupid and even look fake, but I still love them even though I don't know why.

Drama is entertaining, which is kind of odd but there is even a whole genre created for it. As long as it's not my own drama, then I find it very entertaining. Watching the show unfold brings a sense of suspension, and even makes me feel better that I can have friends and still not have this much drama.

There is a common theme to shows like this, though. They either have to be rude, crazy, or stupid. I honestly can't watch reality TV without laughing my head off, but there are also times when the emotional scenes on the show make me cry. You honestly get invested in the lives of these people you have never met. I have even considered taking a trip to a restaurant to see the owner that I have seen on reality TV.

I really think that it's a way to live vicariously through these stars' lives. We are mind blown at the money they spend or what they put themselves through, or even the trips they take. Like you actually haven't vacationed until you vacation like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. People on these shows have advantages that most people don't have.

Reality shows are known for their over-the-top drama. A lot of people think that they are scripted and that there is no way that any of them can be real. If that's true, I don't care - I still love them and probably always will. I am not afraid to tell anyone that I love them and neither should you be!