If You Actually Read His Policies, You'd Probably Vote for Trump

The crazy man with weird hair, if you took the time to read through his policies you might actually find you agree with him more than you thought.

10

Allegedly, the Republican party has gone insane. We’ve lost our way with a crazy, backwards man by the name of Donald J. Trump. Now I’m not here to defend Mr. Trump and tell you he’s the best, because honestly I, like most, think he’s a total asshole. However, what I do think is that this radical jump to someone so wildly different from previous presidents reflects two aspects of the American people. One being that we’re fed up with the Obama administration, as his popularity has essentially tanked over the last year and a half. And two being that there’s a possibility that the American people might have no clue what they’re talking about when it comes to politics.

One of the most annoying things to hear as a college student of the Republican party is that “Trump is insane,” “He’s going to ruin this country,” or “He’s stupid.” I’m sorry… HAVE WE FORGOTTEN ABOUT BERNIE SANDERS WHO WANTS TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY MORE LIKE CANADA?! I understand that we see some pretty stupid things about Mr. Trump on our Twitter feeds, but what is so frustrating is that no one actually talks about his plans or policies. Although so many refer to Mr. Trump has a radical right wing conservative, Trump’s overall plan for reformation in this country is fairly moderate. So instead of writing an article on why you should vote for Trump, instead I’m going to write about something you might not have seen before – Donald Trump’s campaign policies.

Pay for the Wall

One of the biggest criticism’s Mr. Trump receives is about his idea that the Mexican government will pay for this wall he wants to build, to increase security at the border. So many criticize this idea, saying that Mexico will never comply with paying for a wall, however common theories of international trade relations would tell you otherwise. Mexico and the U.S. have almost always been allies, and the U.S. has dug Mexico out of multiple holes including our most recent bailout of Mexico in 1995, making Mexico essentially obligated to comply with U.S. terms of international relations.

It is also critical to point out that the daily costs of criminal activity, which includes the cost of trials as well as incarcerations has totaled to be more money than what the Mexican government would spend on building the wall. Trump’s main point is that, relatively speaking, we really are on a moral high ground. It’s not to say that every illegal immigrant that has come into this country has been a wrong-doer, it's just a statement claiming that there are crimes and issues that come out of illegal immigration.

Healthcare Reform

Like most Republicans, “radical” or not, Mr. Trump intends on repealing Obamacare. Obamacare has been a skewed system, that although initially planned to benefit the larger majority, has actually done the opposite. Now, many would ask Mr. Trump, well if you repeal Obamacare how are we going to ensure that everyone will be on some form of health insurance? Well, the plan would be to kick start programs to help bring jobs back into America, spurring economic growth and therefore fewer people will be in need of these social welfare programs or need Medicaid. If we kick start federal programs for job placement, citizens would be covered by health care through their companies and therefore, the need for a plan like Obamacare would significantly decrease.

U.S.-China Trade Reform:

International trade is a tricky subject if you don’t study it or take the time to look at how trade works in practice, so I’m not going to bore you with really tough words or anything. I’m going to spell out Trump’s plan very simply. Basically, China takes a lot of U.S. jobs because they have given themselves the unfair advantage of very low costs to manufacturing. They pay their workers a lot less money than they deserve, which is a complete undermining of human rights, as well as, they make the price to export their goods very low. There is a term for doing this and it’s called “dumping.” Funny word, I know! Essentially, “dumping” encourages driving competitors out by making one’s own prices to exports and manufacturing lower than what it even costs to produce the items you’re selling. This term, in terms of international institutions, is considered incredibly unjust. Mr. Trump advocates that he would like to bring China to the negotiating table in order to get rid of these unfair export subsidies, which will, in turn, lead to more domestic production, allowing more jobs to be brought back into America.

Now, the biggest argument I hear when talking about the U.S.-China Trade Reform is that America is butting its big head into another country's opportunity for economic growth. That American’s should stay out of their way because every country should have the same chance for success. Well if you think that, you’re most likely a Democrat, and that means you probably dislike this article. So, if you share this article to show your friends how much you dislike it, then you’re making an attempt to spread the word and undermine the Republican party. And if you do that… well, it turns out you align perfectly with Mr. Trump’s U.S.-China Trade Reform. What I'm trying to say is that we always want the upper hand in terms of what we believe in, whether if be the political party we align with or trade policies, and sorry not sorry if we’re a powerful country than we better be advocating for that and keeping it as strong as it can be.

I could go on and on about all of Mr. Trump’s plans, including tax reform relief for the dwindling middle class, improving the mental health system in order to secure our second amendment rights, and touch on immigration reform. However, I think my point might actually be more clear now that you’ve read this article. Paying for the wall is simply asking Mexico to pay for the large imposition that they’re imposed on America for so many years. Healthcare reform is something nearly every American wants because why do you want to pay $100 for a pill because your insurance doesn’t cover your medicine anymore when you could be paying a co-pay of like $20 for the same product. And even though at times it’s difficult to understand how it works, bringing jobs back into the U.S. would be completely possible if we changed our arrangements with China and their terms of trade.

All in all, I’m not advocating that everyone should get up and go vote for Trump. What I’m trying to say is that the real policies he stands for and intends to pursue if nominated are policies that are fairly moderate, and despite public criticism, they’re very well thought out. Mr. Trump will never be a typical president, he’ll be someone we will be intrigued to listen to, someone that will draw attention to America, but nonetheless he will be the one to Make America Great Again.