Ranked: Call Of Duty Games Since 2007

Ranked: Call Of Duty Games Since 2007

The best and worst Call of Duty games In the past decade.

463
Ranked: Call Of Duty Games Since 2007
Flickr

This list will be controversial and will have a few fans of the series triggered. But after playing each game for a considerable amount of time, I believe that I have compiled the best list for the best and worst Call of Duty’s ever made. Call of Duty has seen its ups and downs, and without further a due, I give you the best and worst COD’s in the past decade.

11. Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013)

This was Infinity Ward’s first Call of Duty after it’s prominent series Modern Warfare. Expectations were somewhat high because of their previous success, but the game flat out sucked. The story mode was bland, the multiplayer was choppy at best and it was the least memorable game in the Call of Duty franchise.

I feel like if the game didn’t come out at the time it did, it would have been better though. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 had just been released and many people decided to withhold their purchase because they didn’t know which platform to use. This game was a Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve.

10. Call of Duty: WWII (2017)

Ok, the game is brand new and it’s hard to judge it this early, but what I know from the beta and the collective agreement among gamers across the globe, is that the game is not as good as people want it to be.

Gamers were thrilled to hear that Call of Duty will go back to its original “boots on ground” gameplay, but something about the game just feels off. The game tries so hard to replicate its prior success that it doesn’t feel fresh at all. It’s still early and the game can change a lot, but as it stands, the game is at the bottom of the list.

9. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016)

This game triggered most gamers because almost everyone wanted a “boots on ground” game. Advanced Warfare and Black Ops III had been a shift from what the community had seen, and they wanted COD’s old style back.

Jetpacks and sci-fi gameplay were thought to be in bad taste with Call of Duty, and Infinity Ward dropped the ball with this game. Although there are a lot of negatives to the game, the campaign was brilliant, and that is why the game is not dead last.

8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015)

I remember when this game was first released. I stayed up all night and played it with a group of my friends. I was intrigued with visual effects, and it seemed fun in the beginning. But as time went on, the game declined. The campaign was nothing special, and some of the guns in the multiplayer were absolutely overpowered. The game was OK but nothing to write off about. It was a mediocre experience.

7. Call of Duty: World at War (2008)

The first thing that comes to mind is Nazi Zombies. This game mode was unbelievably fun and allowed you and your friends to kill waves of Nazis for hours. The multiplayer was good, and the campaign did the best they could in that World War II typesetting.

The problem was that the game was released after Modern Warfare, and Modern Warfare was phenomenal. The game was good, but the expectations were a bit too high.

6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)

This game was the third installation in the Modern Warfare series, and it doesn’t get enough credit. When it is stacked against the other two Modern Warfare’s it comes in at third, but it is an awesome game when compared to everything else Call of Duty has made. The story was great, multiplayer was fun, and the game had some awesome maps.

5. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)

This game was flat out awesome. It had everything you could ask for in an online shooter and was a great second game to Black Ops. The story mode was like something else because it was innovative and had you do missions during the Cold War and the future. This was a very good game.

4. Call of Duty: Advanced (2014)

This is probably the most controversial game in this list. I know that many people have this game outside their top seven or eight favorite COD’s, but this game is very underrated. The game followed Ghost’s, possibly the worst COD, and did a very good job in my opinion.

It was the first Call of Duty to have jetpacks for each player which was very new. A lot of players hated the game for it, but it was a perfect fit for the maps and the guns. I put countless hours into this game and I think that this game was awesome for its use of innovation.

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)

This game did a great job all around. The campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies were just flat out spectacular. After playing Modern Warfare 2, I thought that nothing could follow the game, but this is the best follow-up I could think of. I have great memories of playing this game and I’m sure that everyone else does too.

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)

In my mind, the Modern Warfare series really made the Call of Duty name. When you think of a shooting game, your mind draws to COD 4: Modern Warfare.

Every gamer that plays today should have countless memories of playing this game. This game revolutionized shooting games with its customizations and killstreaks. Let us not forget that Nuke scene, this game really is astonishing.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)

Not only is this game the best Call of Duty ever, but it is one of my favorite video games ever. The campaign is so good that I could recite specific lines and it’s been years since I’ve played it. The game puts you in the feels and had great graphics for a 2009 game.

The multiplayer had some of the most iconic maps in the history of shooting games. Anyone who doesn’t have this game at the top of their list hasn’t played the game long enough. I love this game and it’ll never get old.

At the beginning of the list, there are a lot of newer Call of Duty games, and at the end of the list, there are a lot of older Call of Duty games. Overall, the pattern that seems to be consistent is the fact that the newer Call Of Duty games don't compare well with the older versions.