Racism Defined

Racism Defined

Let me tell you.

4
Racism Defined
@exquisiteblackart

Do people understand what it is to be racist? Like truly understand what the concept of racism, sexism, xenophobia, and homophobia are? I just have to ask, because I keep seeing posts and pictures about people saying they aren't racist. Americans have just become too sensitive, but by definition fall into all of those classifications with their mind sets.

All of the different labels for people filled with hate identify that the individuals lack any ability to empathize or even sympathize with others. A person is not, not a racist because they choose not to say derogatory terms, or because they have multicultural friends. A person is not racist because they understand that these individual groups have had to deal with all kinds of obstacles and have had great losses in their past. Due to this, they do not appreciate certain stigmas, actions, or verbiage because it is a reminder of said past and all the hate that comes with it.

They are not being sensitive, you are just inconsiderate. The only reason you don't understand is because of the privilege you have been given. Understand this and realize that if at the end of all I just said your response is still "people are just to sensitive" or "[you] just don't care," then you are in fact a racist, a bigot, a sexist, a homophobe, and/or a xenophobe.

You fall into these classes and that is who you are.