Quotes To Ease Your Existential Crisis

10 Quotes To Put Your Current Existential Crisis To Rest

Beautiful words for times of dread.

104

From the beginning of time, humanity has always asked the big questions. Sometimes, however, these thoughts can lead to anxiety and uncertainty about life, death, and all that happens in between.

Here are some beautiful words I've turned to during times of existential dread.

1. "Here's to all the places we went. And all the places we'll go. And here's to me, whispering again and again and again and again: iloveyou." — John Green

2. "Our ancestors worshipped the sun, and they were not that foolish. It makes sense to revere the sun and the stars, for we are their children." — Carl Sagan

4. "Remember, remember, this is now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to be acutely aware of all I've taken for granted." — Sylvia Plath

5. "From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." — Edvard Munch

6. "Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place." — Iain Thomas

8. "Embrace the void and have the courage to exist." — Dan Howell

9. "It was as if that great rush of anger had washed me clean, emptied me of hope, and, gazing up at the dark sky spangled with its signs and stars, for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the gentle indifference of the universe. To feel it so like myself, indeed, so brotherly, made me realize that I'd been happy, and that I was happy still." — Albert Camus

Let these words bring you hope and comfort, and know that you are not alone.