21 Quotes That Make 'Legally Blonde' Iconically Relevant Still 10+ Years Later

"I worked so hard to get into law school. I blew off Greek week to study for the LSATs. I even hired a Coppola to direct my admissions video."

3501

Elle freaking Woods. What an icon. Who would have ever thought this 2001 movie called, "Legally Blonde" starring Reese Witherspoon would have become such a cult classic? The world has been graced with it— don't ever forget it, people. This cute film displayed unexpected commentary on sexism and discrimination filtered through "pretty white girl lens" which doesn't happen too often nowadays.

Elle Woods is a true icon. How many people can come up with genius theories that masturbatory emissions where sperm is clearly not seeking an egg could be termed reckless abandonment? No one. Simply, no one.

Here's 21 quotes that prove that "Legally Blonde" is still super iconically relevant so many years later:

1. "Hi, I'm Elle Woods, and this is Bruiser Woods!"

2. "I don't need backup schools. I'm going to Harvard."

3. "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t"

4. "So you're breaking up with me because I'm too... Blonde?"

5. "What, like, it's hard?"

6. "If I'm gonna be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete bonehead."

7. "Men are big fat retards."

8. "Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated."

9. "I once had to judge a tighty-whitey contest for Lambda Kappa Pi. Trust me, I can handle anything."

10. "And it’s scented! I think it gives it a little something extra, don’t you think?"

11. "And last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."

m

12. "I saw it in Teen Vogue a year ago. So if you're trying to sell it to me for full price, you picked the wrong girl."

13. "I'd pick the dangerous one because I'm not afraid of a challenge."

14. "I feel comfortable using legal jargon in my everyday life." 

15. "The Bible."

16. "Oh, look, how cute! There's, like, a judge and everything."

17. "If you're going to let one stupid prick ruin your life, you're not the girl I thought you were."

18. "I'll show you how valuable Elle Woods can be."

19. "The rules of haircare are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known."

20. "Just bend... And snap."

21. "On our very first day at Harvard,  a very wise professor quoted Aristotle. 'The law is reason free from passion.' Well, no offense to Aristotle, but in my three years at Harvard, I have found that passion is a key ingredient to the study and practice of law and of the life. It is passion, courage of strong sense of self, that we take our next steps into the world,  remembering that first impressions are not always correct. You must always have faith in  people and importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.”