25 Quotes From Strong Women For Strong Women.

Happy International Women's Day!

83

On a day meant to celebrate women's accomplishments across time and space, I wanted to dive into some of their wisdom for some good old-fashioned motivation. We all could always use optimism and inspiration in our daily lives, and these women are here to give it to us in quote form. Pick your favorite and use it to become your best self.

1. "If you act like you know what you're doing, you can do anything you want."- Amy Winehouse

2. "Ten years from now, make sure you can say that you chose your life, you didn't settle for it."- Mandy Hale

3. "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, & some style."- Maya Angelou

4. "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done."- Lucille Ball

5. "I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."- Angela Davis

6. "There's power in looking silly and not caring that you do."- Amy Poehler

7. "The willingness to show up changes us. It makes us a little braver each time."- Brené Brown

8. "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."- Anne Frank

9. "The only tired I was, was tired of giving in."- Rosa Parks

10. "I have standards I don't plan on lowering for anybody...including myself."- Zendaya

11. "It's the choice. You have to wake up every day and say, 'There's no reason today can't be the best day of my life.'"- Blake Lively

12. "Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice."- Bethany Hamilton

13. "A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows she has none."- Marilyn Monroe

14. "If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair."- Shirley Chisholm

15. "You'll turn out ordinary if you're not careful."- Ann Brashares

16. "I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself."- Emma Stone

17. "I'm better for all the things that have happened to me, the good and the bad."- Julia Roberts

18. "To create one's own world takes courage."- Georgia O'Keeffe 

19. "Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak, sometimes you're just strong enough to let go."- Taylor Swift

20. "The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet."- Mohadesa Najumi

21. "She will rise. With a spine of steel and a roar like thunder, she will rise."- Nicole Lyons

22. "It's been pretty incredible to see what happens when you start believing you are enough."- Meghan Markle

23. "We call upon our sisters around the world to be brave- to embrace the strength within themselves and realize their full potential."- Malala Yousafzai

24. "Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really know."- Cicely Tyson

25. "What tried to demolish me, I allowed to polish me."- India Arie