I, like so many others, enjoy a good inspirational quote to boost my mood! It can take me from a negative mood to a happy one, if only for just a moment. So I wanted to share ten of my favorite confidence-boosting quotes with you!
If you are interested in writing these quotes on your mirror, I would suggest not including the speakers' names. I like to believe that I am the speaker encouraging myself.
1. "I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
kurt cobain GIF
This is personally my favorite quote. I have a canvas made with the quote and it was in my honor's graduation ceremony slideshow.
Credit for this quote is given to the deceased frontman of Nirvana, Cobain, but sources suspect the phrase originated in the 1950s. I do not care who said it or when it was said; I like what it stands for.
I like to think Cobain is telling me to be my authentic self. If I am authentic to me, I will find people who love me. I do not need to act like someone else or pretend to like a certain type of music or show to get someone to like me.
2. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." - Oprah Winfrey
cool oprah winfrey GIF
Of course, I needed to include a quote from one of the most inspirational women in Hollywood. I am not alone in my fear of failure and Oprah encourages me to not think of failure negatively. I should think of negative events as stepping stones to being the best version of myself.
3. "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." - Marilyn Monroe
marilyn monroe hello GIF
This is another quote about being true to you! These are personally my favorite types of quotes!
4. "Comparison is the death of joy, and the only person you need to be better than is the girl you were yesterday." - Rachel Hollis
Hollis is the author of "Girl, Wash Your Face" and "Girl, Stop Apologizing" (which I am read she summer and highly recommend). She believes in empowering women and does an amazing job of inspiring me to be my best!
5. "Never follow anyone else's path. Unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path, then by all means follow that path." - Ellen DeGeneres
sick ellen degeneres GIF
Ellen is one of the funniest and most down-to-Earth people in Hollywood. I love her sense of humor and get inspired by her positivity!
6. "The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit." - Morgan Freeman
almighty morgan freeman GIF
What Freeman is saying is to NEVER give up; even if you believe you are incapable of handling something!
7. "If you are humble and hardworking, opportunities will arise for you." - Rachael Ray
i love you heart GIF
Please be like Rachael and be kind to others. Work hard and you will see results!
8. “I cannot continue to live as half of myself simply because it's hard for others to handle all of me." - Rachel Hollis
Another quote from Hollis. I could not exclude it! She is so inspiring!
9. "I will not let anyone scare me out of my full potential." - Nicki Minaj
nicki minaj lol GIF
I truly believe, as does Hollis and Minaj, that humans would all have so much potential if we did not let little things bother us. If we cared less about someone's opinion of us, we could go so far!
10. "It's a beautiful day. Don't let it get away." - U2
"Beautiful Day" by U2 is one of my absolute favorite songs. While this quote is not necessarily about confidence, I believe that this quote is reminding all of those people with mental health issues to not let a day be ruined by their illness. I know I need this reminder sometimes.
Whether you write these quotes on the mirror or jot them in a notebook, it is so helpful to see positive affirmations to yourself everywhere you go! It does not even have to be these quotes. Choose any that make you feel positive, happy, and confident and make it your phone's wallpaper or paint a canvas of to lie over your bed!