Take This Quiz To Find Out If You're A Good Roommate

Are you a perfect roommate, an average roommate, or should you live alone the rest of your life?

385
Huffington Post

At some point in your life, you will have a roommate. Whether it's sharing a room with your sister growing up, living in a 10x12 dorm room with a girl you met on the internet , or living in a house with five of your closest friends senior year of college, living with a roommate(s) is part of growing up and it is an essential part in having a memorable college experience.

For some of us, college is our first taste at what it's like living in close quarters with another person. Maybe you were lucky and became best friends with your freshmen year roommate, or maybe you fell unlucky to the "roommate horror story." Maybe living in a house with some of your sorority sisters was your favorite part about college, or maybe living in an apartment with your best friend was actually the worst experience of your life when you realized how different your lifestyles were.

While we constantly evaluate our living arrangement and judge whether or not our roommate(s) make good roommate(s), have you ever questioned your own roommate status? Have you ever wondered what your roommate(s) think of you and whether or not you're actually a good roommate?

Take this quiz to find out if you're a perfect roommate, an average roommate, or if you should live alone the rest of your life.

1. You neglect to put the clean dishes away and leave your dirty dishes in the sink

A. It was only one time!

B. I've done this a few times

C. What's a dishwasher?

2. You leave your clothes in the washer/dryer for days so no one else can do laundry

A. Never

B. I've forgotten a few times

C. I'll get to them when I get to them

3. You never take out the trash so your roommates are left to do the dirty work

A. Of course I take out the trash; letting it build up is disgusting

B. Well, there was this one time that I was running late to class and said I would take it out later, and this other time that it was really dark out and I said I would take it out when it's daylight, but sometimes you just have to suck it up

C. Never in my life would I touch that disgusting thing!

4. You never refill the paper towel after it runs out

A. How rude!

B. I'm really sorry I just forget!

C. I did my business; I won't need toilet paper for a while so if they need it they can refill it

5. You don't respect your roommate's opinion about what temperature the heat/air should be set at

A. It might be a little too cold, but it's okay I'll just put on a sweatshirt and slippers

B. It was 97 degrees out and they STILL didn't want to turn the air on; someone had to make the executive decision before I sweat off 10 pounds!

C. Sorry, it's my way or the highway

6. You leave all the lights on and increase the electricity bill

A. Nah, man; I'm not trying to pay a $91 electricity bill

B. I definitely forget every now and then

C. What's the big deal?

7. You never clean out the fridge so your food spoils and continues to take up space until your roommates take care of it

A. I check my food at least one a week because I don't want the fridge to smell

B. Sorry, it was buried so deep in the drawer that I forgot about it

C. "Oh, I forgot I bought them two months ago!"

8. You don't confront your roommates about a problem(s) and let the tension build up until you explode

A. Never; communication is incredibly important to successfully coexist with one another

B. I prefer to avoid conflict, but I'll mention it if it's driving me absolutely crazy and I don't see them changing their habits anytime soon

C. I prefer to avoid conflict at all costs, so hopefully they stop doing (insert here)

9. You leave the stove on and increase the likeliness of a fire starting and burning your apartment down

A. Absolutely not; that's the cardinal rule of cooking!

B. Shoot! My food was so delicious that I completely forgot

C. It was chilly in here, the stove was warming up the apartment

10. You don't split the cost on necessities like toilet paper and milk

A. My roommates are just as poor as I am so of course I chip in

B. I didn't know we were out!

C. College is expensive af; between tuition and rent, I can't afford all that!

11. Your room is always popping with tunes

A. I use headphones when listening to music and have the captions on my television so I can keep the volume low

B. I definitely like to jam every now and then

C. Who jams in the daylight?

12. You're there for your roommates when they need you

A. I would want them to do the same for me; whether they need me to drive them home after a party or comfort them after their boyfriend breaks up with them, I'm always there for them

B. I am if they're a mess and their life is falling apart, but I have my own problems too

C. I can barely fix my own problems, how am I supposed to solve theirs?

Your roommate status:

If you received mostly A's, you're the perfect roommate and anyone would be lucky to live with you. Conflict never happens on your end because you're responsible, respectful, and you clean up after yourself.

If you received mostly B's, you're an average roommate. You have your faults but it's nearly impossible to be the perfect roommate and you take responsibility every time you screw up and you confront problems head on.

If you revived mostly C's, you should never have a roommate because you're the main character in a "roommate horror story." You might be able to coexist with a cat, but do everyone a favor and get a one-bedroom apartment because you're impossible to live with.