My Morning Routine For A Busy Schedule

My Morning Routine For A Busy Schedule

119
My Morning Routine For A Busy Schedule
Toa Heftiba

First semester was great in regard to the whole morning aspect. Although I was completely exhausted each morning, while getting acclimated to my absurd sleep schedule as a fashion design major, I would wake up a whole hour and a half before I had to be on the bus for class.

As a few months began to pass, I realized how irrational it was to run on three hours of sleep each night, and recognized my need for any extra sleep I could get. With this recognition, my morning routine began to switch up a bit. It went from over an hour of getting ready, to 30 minutes.

This entire semester, I have followed a consistent morning routine, and I must say it is much different than last semesters. As I now wake up 45 minutes before I have to leave, the extra time has been life changing to my crazy schedule.

With this simple morning routine, you'll be out the door much quicker than usual, and be able to gather those needed 30 minutes of sleep.

1. Change into the outfit chosen the night before

I cannot stress enough how beneficial it is to determine what you are going to wear the night before. By having your outfit prepared the night before, there is no need to stress over quickly gathering an outfit in the morning, and no looking for that shirt you thought you had.

The first thing I do after getting out of bed is change into my outfit. As I usually take showers at night (which gives much more time in the morning), I am able to do this.

2. Wash your face!

Washing your face is fundamental. I couldn’t imagine a day without washing my face—especially after the long days I always have. With my day usually lasting from 7am until 2am, I am always so excited to wash my face both morning and night.

It is extremely refreshing, and is an extreme help to your skin. I use Simple’s foaming cleanser, and I am completely obsessed with it.

3. Moisturize

Just the other day as I was applying my moisturizer, I thought of how second-nature it is for me, and has been for years. Morning and night, I have always applied moisturizer for as long as I can remember, and I honestly could not imagine going without it. I use Neutrogena’s oil free sensitive moisturizer in the morning, and their Healthy Defense SPF 50 Moisturizer every morning.

Even throughout the winter, I have continued to use this moisturizer. It is still extremely important to protect your skin during the colder months, as sun still reflects off the snow, and can still cause skin damage. I love the consistency of this moisturizer, and I have only experienced amazing results.

4. Brush teeth

Of course, this is a staple to my morning routine. It feels amazing to brush my teeth in the morning. I have always taken the best care of my teeth possible, and since I was a child, I have always anticipated brushing them both at night and in the morning. A bright smile is so important, and I am determined for my teeth to always remain as pearly and healthy as possible.

5. HAIR!

I constantly receive the question of which products I use in my hair, and honestly what I do in the morning is so simple. I never use any products in my hair, I just use water. Every single morning, I use water and run my fingers through my hair, until it’s just about soaked.

Afterwards, I use a comb and comb back my hair to the way I want it to dry. I then go about my day, and after about 30 minutes it dries to the way I want it. Nothing too crazy.

6. Gather coursework and backpack, then run

I am usually right on time for the bus in the morning, and I always have the set motivation to be. As I take the early bus in the morning, I am able to reach Starbucks just in time to grab a coffee, eat breakfast, and head to my first class.

Due to this daily treat of mine, I am always back in my room from getting ready with ten minutes to spare, to gather my items last minute and make it to the bus stop. Priorities.

My morning routine might be super simple, yet it has been my tride-and-true for this semester to gather more sleep, yet still be put together. If you’re struggling with time in the morning, try this morning routine, and hopefully it will dock a few minutes of getting ready from your morning. Honestly, the extra thirty minutes have been life changing.