Quick Easy DIY Costumes for Halloween

Quick Easy DIY Costumes for Halloween

Last minute discount costumes for every college student.

864
Quick Easy DIY Costumes for Halloween
Tumblr

Halloween is a time for tricks and treats, and as a child it was a time to become your favorite super hero, cartoon character, or even a princess. Your excitement grew from going door to door in these adorable costumes as you hold out your pumpkin basket waiting patiently for the neighbors to pour candy in it. Fast forward a few years and now those days will be missed.

The Halloween culture in college has changed the game completely. Halloween is a weekend wide event not just one day and it’s not about getting free candy anymore sadly. People are dressing up less and less, and some are not even wearing anything for their costume. Halloween has changed into a “party atmosphere”. No one knows the excitement of this beloved holiday anymore. So through these fast cute DIY costumes, get friends together go the Village Parade in the City and then head home with your own bags of candy and watch as much scary movies as possible!

DIY costumes are the next big thing. While costumes at places such as Party City are going up in prices, DIY costumes are becoming more popular, thanks to websites such as Pinterest, Etsy, and even YouTube videos. It’s a fun creative way to look wonderful and save money! Celebrities have even resorted to DIY costumes, for example Lauren Conrad just came out with an easy costume called “Party Animal” on her website.

Here are a few quick costumes for you ladies and guys to try. With just a quick look into your closet or a quick run to the store, you’ll be ready for Halloween in no time.

Don’t just eat food, be food! What better way than dressing up as everyone’s favorite thing this year… FOOD!

Strawberry Costume:

You’ll need a

• Red dress
  • White fabric paint
  • Super Glue
  • Scissors
  • Green construction paper
  • Headband

You will first paint little seeds all over the dress evenly. It might be easier to draw out a stencil, so you won’t get the paint everywhere. Then cut the green construction paper in little leaves to make them look like stems. Glue them together and then onto the headband so it’s easier to wear.

Popcorn Costume:

You’ll need a

• Red and white striped skirt
  • White shirt
  • Super glue
  • Yellow construction paper

You’ll crumble up the yellow paper and super glue it all around the shirt to look like popcorn. Then pair the whole costume with some cute yellow flats or heels!

Pin-Up Girl

Take a blast to the past in a cute pin-up costume! If you are leaning more towards the sexy side, then this costume is perfect for you!

You’ll need

• Reading glasses
  • High heels
  • Knee-high or thigh-high socks
  • Black shorts
  • Corset top
  • Pearls
  • Red lipstick

This lighting strike combo costume is perfect for couples, best friends, or even roommates!

What you’ll need

• Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Yellow Paint
  • Umbrella
  • Black eye shadow makeup
  • Hairspray
  • White shirt

For the thunderbolt, you’ll need to cut the cardboard into the shape of a thunderbolt, than paint it yellow. As for the second part of the costume, cut holes into the white shirt and use the black eye shadow as the burns around the circles. Take the umbrella and break it a part, tearing the fabric. Last but not least use the black eye shadow and smudge it all around your face and neck, then spray hairspray into your hair while upside down to make it look messy.

No one can forget the incredible chick flick, Mean Girls. Whether you’re a girl or guy, Damian who is too Gay to function is the best costume. As for you ladies a perfect Mean Girls costume is Regina George herself, who makes everyone’s life miserable.

Damian

• Blue hoodie
  • Glasses
  • Paper
  • Black sharpie

Regina George

• White tank top
  • Scissors
  • Pink bra
  • Black Skirt
  • Black heels

Last but definitely not least, get into your inner St John’s spirit and grab your friend’s uniform that is on any sports team and be either a baseball, soccer, volleyball, or basketball player! And this costume doesn’t cost a dime, just help from a friend!