20 Questions I Have For The University Of Lousiana At Monroe

DISCLAIMER: This is meant to be interpreted in a HUMOROUS way. I could clearly live without a majority of these; however, I believe some of these points are valid. I absolutely love being a student at U.L.M. and am grateful for all they do to enhance the lives of their students.

1. Why am I charged to breathe?

(Note: This isn't a legitimate fee but I'm sure it is a fee that is mixed in with one of the other fees and just isn't formally listed)

2. Why can't we be provided with quality toilet paper but can afford costs of various new buildings?

Charmin, Angel Soft, or Cottonelle is not that pricey--I'm sure it's even cheaper if bought in bulk.

3. Why do I have to drive around for 10 minutes (sometimes MORE) just to park ?

I've had to eat lunch in my car and/or get to school sometimes 2 hours early just to score a decent a parking spot. A few times, I just skipped the class altogether and said forget it.

4. Why are the Coke machines almost always broken (especially the one in Stubbs) or the prices are different on each one?

5. Why aren't there more plug outlets in the S.U.B.?

Maybe I don't always want to work in the library, because as sad as it is, sometimes the S.U.B. is MUCH quieter.

6. Why is the A/C almost always broke in Bry Hall and i'm forced to draw while sweating my butt off ?

7. Why is it an act of congress trying to reach anyone in Financial Aid/Student Accounts and why does it take so long for them to get back to me?

8. My mother was a former student at U.L.M. back when it was N.L.U., and said during Spring Fever, the concert was immediately after Oozeball and other festivities and would be held in the Grove. Why is this not still a thing?

9. Why are the math classes mostly online?

As someone who's severely bad at understanding this almost foreign language, I would have excelled more by taking actual written tests and doing written homework.

10. Why are the t-shirt sales (during "Week of Welcome","Spring Fever", "Homecoming", etc.) advertised very minimally and only seem to take place between the hours of 11-2 ?

11. Not really a question more of a request: could we please figure out how to get a Raising Canes in the S.U.B.?

I know we have Chick-fil-A (which, I love) but I think I speak for myself and many other students when I say sometimes I like to cry about my debt or overall stress that school brings, over a delicious chicken strip.

12. Can we get more PokeStops and possibly more U.L.M. SnapChat filters (geotags)?

13. Half the time when I really need to look up something important on my phone the School Wi-fi is down... why?

Although, this happens mostly when I just wanna watch Netflix in between classes.

14. Louisiana is top-ranked nationally at #1 for STD's, why don't we have more sexual health seminars/awareness events?

I know there's one that the medical majors put on, but it should at least be advertised more. I also fully understand we are all adults and it's our job to be responsible, but let's face it, i'm sure at least half or more than half of our students are sexually active--at least slide them casual reminders that condoms are available for purchase at their convenience in the S.U.B.

15. Once again, I do love Chick-fil-a in the S.U.B. but how hard would it be to get Chicken Minis added to the breakfast menu?

16. Why is the apparel in the bookstore marked up so high?

17. Why don't we have more information for international students or students not familiar with Monroe, about night life, restaurants, attractions, etc. put out there?

18. Why aren't the computers in Stubbs MAC lab S-D card friendly?

19. Why do the stairs in the library, Walker Hall, and Hanna Hall feel like an absolute DEATH MARCH and seem poorly inclined?

I realize there's elevators in some of the buildings and I'm probably slightly out of shape, but still.

20. Lastly, can we add some more, different Student Events?

I'm aware this is probably directed more at C.A.B. and S.G.A., but if it could at least be arranged so where it would allow the student body to vote on more things they'd like to do/see OR have that event more often where a dry erase board is brought into the Quad and we write our thoughts down, it'd be helpful. As someone who'll most likely be graduating next year and as a commuter student, I wouldn't mind making more friends before I leave our actually pretty great university - even if I can literately make a list of some suggestions,complaints, and rants.

I love my University, don't get me wrong; this was in no way meant to sound like I'm bashing U.L.M., but I sincerely believe that if a handful of these changes were made, it'd improve the students' quality of life and ultimately serve as win-win for everyone.