15 Questions No College Kid Wants To Answer This Thanksgiving

Yes, I know Cousin Susie went to Yale and is curing cancer. But I got a C- on my calc test so I'm doing just fine.
38728

Ah, the holidays — the one time a year when your whole family gets together to participate in forced family fun. We can always count on Thanksgiving Break to kick off the season of unwanted questions. As college students, we are away nine months out of the year. The Thanksgiving holiday gives our relatives an opportunity to ask all of the annoying questions they have collected since we’ve been gone. The worst part about the matter is that it seems like every family member asks the same repetitive questions.

Here are the top 15 questions that college kids are dreading this holiday season.

1. How is school going?

Well, I am a poor college kid drowning in papers. But, for the sake of the conversation, I am going to say everything’s going great.

2. Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Salt in the wound, Aunt Karen, salt in the wound.

3. Actually, any question relating to your love life.

As if a simple yes or no answer wasn’t enough, family members beg for more information on this topic. Do people actually think you know the reason as to why you are not dating anyone?

4. What have you been up to lately?

You never truly realize how boring your life is until someone asks you this question. About nine times out of 10, your answer will be “nothing.”

5. What is your major?

No matter how many times you have responded to this question, nobody ever seems to remember the answer. Either they don’t care enough to listen or they cannot think of any other small talk topics.

6. What are you going to do with that?

Well, my ultimate goal is to find a way to make as much money as possible so that I never have to work again. Until then, I am just going to wing it.

7. What are your plans for after graduation?

Sorry, but my planner ends in December. Looks like I will have to get back to you on that one.

8. What are you doing this summer? Did you get an internship?

Um, I am still looking into that.

9. Have you heard what *insert wildly successful cousin’s name* is doing?

Yes, I know Cousin Susie went to Yale and is currently working to cure cancer. But I got a C- on my calculus test so I guess you could say I am doing just fine.

10. How are your grades this semester?

D’s get degrees, right?

11. What is the party scene like at school? Are you staying out of trouble?

Yeah, it is pretty low-key (I just won’t mention that citation I received earlier this semester).

12. Whatever happened to *insert old friend’s name here*?

If you haven’t heard me mention that name in a while, there is probably a reason for it.

13. How are your finances going?

Well, I might need an advance on my inheritance.

14. Are you still working out?

Ugh. Everyone gains weight in college, OK?

15. Are you sure you want to eat all that cheese before dinner?

When I am chewing, I get a break from answering these horrendous questions. More Brie, less small talk, please.