6 Questions College Kids WILL Have To Answer This Thanksgiving, 100%

"Sorry I'm a failure, will you pass the mash potatoes, please?"
16233

Thanksgiving, the holiday I usually associate with stress eating because it signifies the rapid arrival of finals, but, of course, it is also associated with family. Whether your family is big or small, all families are special (insane) in their own ways. It is during this holiday where America collectively agrees that it is a great idea to gather as many members of the family as possible and stick them all in one house.

Obviously, a very rational idea (sarcasm x100).

Though it can get a tad hectic and maybe a little dramatic, family is family and we all love or at least tolerate each other. During this family-filled holiday, a lot can happen, and a lot can be asked.

As a twenty-something-year-old, family members can often think my life is more interesting than it actually is, and with this curiosity comes a lot of questions. Here are some questions you will/or have been asked during Thanksgiving:

1. How's school?

This is a classic Thanksgiving question, but there is no getting around it. Do you answer honestly?

"Umm, not gonna lie, Aunt Sally, it's going terribly."

Or do you lie?

"Oh yeah it,s going great, I'm definitely on track to graduate in four years and be successful."

2. What have you been up to lately?

You know, college.

3. What do you plan to do with your future?

Wow, great question, I'm going to have to get back to you on that one.

4. Any questions about weight or physical appearance

Unless you want me to cry into your green bean casserole, don't bring either of these up. I'm fragile.

5. Whatever happened to (old best friend or ex-boyfriend/girlfriend)?

HHMMMMM, can't say I recall.

6. Are you going to be able to make any money with your major?

I guess we'll see in a few years!!! :,) Fingers crossed.