7 Questions Cast Members At Disneyland Hear On A Daily Basis

Some of them seem obvious, but you'd be surprised. Take a leap into the life of a Cast Member with me!

1648
Travis Gergen

The absolute most fun job I have ever had has been as a Cast Member at Disneyland. I love that you never know what kind of people you are going to meet and there is no end to how creative you get with storytelling, purely because you work at Disneyland.

One thing that I have come to realize, however, is that Guests have some of the strangest and most interesting questions about Disneyland and some of them are, I’m just going to say it, PAINFULLY obvious.

The rumors that circulate about Disneyland are hilarious honestly, and I just had to share some of the most interesting questions I get on an almost daily basis. Don’t worry, my answers will be included.

1. What time is the 3 o’clock parade?

I get this question a lot, and if it isn’t quite clear as to what time the 3 o’clock parade is at…it’s at 3 o’clock.

2. So how many Mickey Mouse’s are there?

This question hurts my soul. There is only ONE Mickey Mouse, duh!

3. Excuse me, ma’am, can you make some magic for me and my family?

This questions just makes me mad and it’s because Disney magic cannot just be “made.” It is so much more than the special gifts we as Cast Members can give you. It is the moments and memories that we help to create for you as a Guest at Disneyland. They cannot just be “made” for your convenience. Sorry, but please do not EVER ask a Cast Member that. It is just flat out insulting.

4. I can’t believe you would cancel the fireworks. Do you realize I came all the way from _____ to spend this time with my family?

……I hate to break it to you, but I have absolutely NO control of that. Also, they are canceled because the weather conditions make it dangerous to shoot rockets and dynamite into the sky. So, sorry for disappointing, but I promise it was not done maliciously. Also, I, a Food and Beverage Cast Member have absolutely NOTHING to do with that.

5. Is it true that Walt Disney’s body was frozen and buried underneath the castle?

Haha okay, this one makes me laugh. I have absolutely NO idea where this rumor started, but it’s a good one for sure. I’m sorry to disappoint, but NO he is not frozen or buried underneath the Disneyland castle.

6. Is it true that there is a jail for bad Guests underneath the Disneyland Castle?

I guess this is a bit more understandable as to why Guests would think this. The park is relatively tiny, especially when compared to Walt Disney World, but no, there is no jail underneath the Disneyland Castle.

7. Wow, it is seriously hot outside. Can you turn down the weather please?

You may think I’m kidding, but I promise you I’m not. I have gotten this many times. Guests really believe that Disneyland is inside of a dome and that we magically can control the weather inside of the dome. It’s an interesting concept for sure, but no, we DO NOT have control of the weather outside and no, I cannot turn down the weather. However, would you like a free ice water cup?

I think my absolute favorite questions I was asked was number 2, because I can completely understand where the Guests are coming from, because it’s honestly crazy how fast Mickey Mouse travels around the Resort, but you heard it here folks. Mickey Mouse uses Tinkerbell’s pixie dust to travel around the Resort at lightning fast speeds. There is and will always be only one Mickey Mouse!

Have a magical day!