37 Questions About the Hannah Montana Movie

My 10-year-old self is still bitter.

4106
Disney

I was watching Hannah Montana: The Movie the other day because it's a classic and Netflix finally added it back and some thoughts popped up about things I didn't really notice before.

1. Did they set up a whole fake concert to film that opening scene???

2. Anyone else get really angry when Miley couldn't get into her own concert? It bothered me then and it bothers me now.

3. I always thought it was a funny bit for her to make her dad leave the dressing room when she changed. Now I wonder if that was because it's Disney and they have to be proper about everything...?

4. Why did Hannah get hit in the head with a coconut in her music video and how on Earth did she know how many repeats there were going to be of "best of both" in her song??

5. If the movie takes place during part of the school year (because of Jackson leaving for college and the brief scene in the high school) how does Miley casually take off 2 weeks to go to Tennessee? I wish I could do that...

6. How did she genuinely not notice that they weren't in New York the whole plane ride? A flight from CA to TN is 3 hours compared to a flight from CA to NY which is 4 and a half...

7. When Travis told Miley he was over his crush on her...biggest burn of 2009. (okay that's not a question).

8. Rascal Flatts is casually in this movie????

9. Who left the drawer open on the hutch that Robby Ray hit and knocked all the prized dishes over??

10. Why is there a rope swing in the chicken coop? Just curious.

11. Why are the children laughing while Jackson gets mauled by an alligator?

12. Miley unloaded an entire truck bed of walnuts so the reporter would slip and fall on them. What about the poor person that was going to sell those walnuts??

13. UM ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT THE GIRL WHO PLAYS NANCY WHEELER IN STRANGER THINGS IS ONE OF THE REPORTER'S DAUGHTERS?????

14. I got annoyed again by Travis when he mocked Miley's abilities to hit all the notes correctly. My 10 year old self is bitter.

15. There was totally a moment when after Miley and Travis went swimming in the river...why didn't he make a move?!

16. Taylor Swift is also just casually in the movie...

17. Why don't guys ask girls to slow dance anymore?

18. Anyone else remember the entire dance to Hoedown Throwdown? I do.

19. Speaking of, the audience picked up on every step of the dance in like 30 seconds and it took my friends and I days...

20. What did Jackson need to talk to his dad about regarding their cousin Derrick? He said "we're all set" why do they need wild animals??????

21. How did Travis not recognize Hannah Montana's voice and face when he had just spent days with Miley??

22. If Miley had dinner with Travis but Hannah had the dinner with the mayor why didn't Miley just reschedule?

23. HM wore a tank top underneath her dress and it still looked fab. How? Did she unintentionally start the bralette trend?

24. Did Jackson not notice there was a living animal inside his coat pocket before it jumped out?

25. S/o to Miley's ringtone I haven't heard that song (The Hamster Dance) since speed skate round at Skate City. (That might be the most 2000's sentence I've ever written)

26. The part of the movie where everything catches on fire and everything goes wrong and Ruby's expression is this:

is me at my life.

27. It is pure cinematic gold when Miley takes off the wig in the rotating door and both the little girl and Travis see her. It shows such a metaphoric loss of innocence and belief. 10/10.

28. Those fans really wait outside the entire time continuing to chant "Hannah"? Dedication.

29. Anyone else cry at the song and duet Butterfly Fly Away? Nope? Neither am I...

30. Anyone cry at the part where her grandmother gave Miley her mother's necklace? Nope again? Cool.

31. Why did they take away her sparkly microphone stand when she took off her wig? Ouch.

32. Chills from her singing The Climb did not go away until the song ended.

33. Rita came in clutch with the reporter's girls showing up.

34. How does the entire crowd at that concert keep her secret?!

35. Why is there a dude that says "Right On" after Travis and Miley kiss? (Travis' line about him not being over his crush on Miley was swoon-worthy, btw.)

36. How did Hannah and all her backup dancers change their clothes and hair in the time it took for them to go behind the stage???

37. Perhaps the biggest question of all:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MAVIS/TRILEY (Miley+Travis)

AFTER THE CONCERT AND SHE WENT HOME?!?!

Okay so these weren't all questions.

Maybe I've noticed these things because I'm old and cynical now.

No matter the questionable aspects, I will never stop being a die-hard HM fan.