Québec Stole My Heart

Québec Stole My Heart

I can't stop thinking about such an enchanting province.

35
Québec Stole My Heart
Emma Saska

It’s been two months since I was in Québec, and I can’t stop thinking about the province, its capital city, and Montréal.

That one-week trip was my first time outside the United States. While it peaked my anxiety, it’s also going to be one of my favorite memories, and I’m already ready to go back.

I want to go back to the Marché Atwater and buy all the fresh fruit, cheese, bread, and pastries and have the perfect picnic.

I want to spend more time in the Plateau Mont-Royal neighborhood.

I want to take my time strolling along the oldest street in Montréal, Rue Saint-Paul.

I want to eat at all the restaurants and bakeries I had to miss. I want to see the Montmorency Falls, outside of Québec City. I want to visit the Maison de la littérature and all the bookstores in Montréal and Québec City and buy all the YA books in French. (Even though I already bought eight.) I want to see the Petit-Champlain district when it isn’t so crowded.

I want to eat at a crepe stand and have more poutine and eat breakfast at Paillard every day. (Paillard needs to spread to the U.S., s’il vous plait.)

I want to experience sidewalk dining or sitting by an open window for every meal. I want more time in Québec City in general.

But what breaks my heart is that there are too many places I want to go that I know it’s unwise to return to Québec so soon. But, oh, I want to.