My Quarter-Life Crisis
Health Wellness

My Quarter-Life Crisis

I'm getting old.

379
My Quarter-Life Crisis
personal

Ok, so I am turning 20 this year. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this yet because, on one hand, I am excited about my future and supporting myself and all that jazz; however, on the other hand, I still feel like I should be riding around in my mom's minivan watching "A Bug's Life" all summer long. If you're in this same predicament, then you feel me, if not, then let me fill you in on my dilemma a little more.

This is a point in my life where I should have a lot of things figured out. I should have a boyfriend because a lot of people get engaged before they graduate college, I should have a general idea of what I want to do career-wise, and I should be getting involved in internships and things like study abroad opportunities. Here's the thing: none of those things are checked off my list. I'm freaking out a little bit. I have no idea how to do taxes, I do not want to go to an adult dentist, and I am too afraid to get a haircut by myself.

Growing up scares the actual heck out of me and I am not afraid to admit it. Once you grow up, you can't go back. The one thing I have to remind myself, though, is that everyone has to do it at some point. I can't stay 5 forever and I gotta grow up at some point. I'm going to have to pay my own bills, have my own kids, and figure these things out on my own. Its easier for some people than others because they are more mature or they have been in a situation where they have had to grow up

From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web