Putting Up With Political Drama

Putting Up With Political Drama

We are all well aware the drama is there. I'm here to put it into perspective for you.

31
Putting Up With Political Drama

I'm gonna start off with saying, I'm not the most politically strong person. I do care what happens in our country, but sometimes I would rather stay out of it. With that being said, if you didn't like those first two sentences or if you got heated up by reading them either close out of this article or continue reading. Be my guest! (I'm not going to lie, I like firing people up and getting their blood to boil.)

This past election/presidential campaign has been emotionally exhausting; for whatever party you identify with! There has been constant scrutiny between the two major parties. The results came in and everyone was in shock, but there was nothing we could do about the turn out. Social media erupted and it hasn't slowed down since! This past Friday was the inauguration and it seemed like social media had to have another "hoopla/blah" moment for the POTUS. But guys, I am tired; emotionally. I guess you could say I'm annoyed.

Look, you may get me wrong, I am not saying to not stand up for your beliefs or views. Sure, go ahead and post about it online...whatever. But, don't expect me to react on it! Literally, I have witnessed too many political attacks/debates on social media to give a flying crap. The "he said/she said" of it all is a little too much. If you get a thrill off of reading the hundreds of comments debating on the "what ifs" of the election, good for you. I surely hope you do something more productive with your life. I'm not going to lie, this seems petty and unnecessary. Yes, I did just say that... Here's the difference between being an annoying political person vs a proactive political person: if you constantly retweet or share slanderous content you are making yourself look like an idiot, but if you are being educated and truly working towards making a difference you are respected. Those who are working hard to make a change don't have time to be defensive/attack on social media.

I am probably just as guilty to be on social media and post things, but I am no longer doing this pertaining to the POTUS/post-election/inauguration process. I know what my beliefs and views are, why do other people care? As long as you are active in these views, I respect it.

Here's why I am really writing this article...I am so done with all of the crap. The results are finalized. Whatever happens from here is out of my hands, but in the hands of God. For some reason, the results ended out this way, however I feel like God has a plan for us. Let's put our trust in Him and pray that He guides our nations' leaders to a better America.

I don't know about you, but I hate to see the divided-ness of our country. We are to be united into one nation under God. I feel like we have been separated into our different categories and both parties are responsible for that divide. I understand we have identifying factors to our personal selves, but to split up based upon those factors is dividing our nation. Can't we all live in peace together as one? Let's unite together to build a better future together.

So, for those annoyed people out there that are sick of the political drama...(like myself), just know that we have to pray for those who do not accept the results. I'm not saying that we have to like the POTUS, but I also think we have to accept the conditions and move towards making a change. Social media doesn't need to be involved in this change. Activate a change with the power of your voice; not violence. I no longer look to social media networks to be updated on political drama, but I pray for our future. I pray that our new president can, rather than divide us, reunite us. We just have to give him a chance; whether we like it or not. Until he does something to make us lose his trust, I think we owe it to him to see what he can do.

Guys, we have it pretty good in the United States. Just know that we could've been born in a dictatorship or a war torn country. We need to focus on the positive things in our lives and the things we are thankful for. We don't have it so bad. But, that doesn't mean we should stay stagnant and be content with our lives here in the US. I think we need to reach our prayers, supports, and hands out to those other countries who are hurting and truly deserve a voice when they can't speak out on their own. We need to stop being so selfish. But hey, that might just be my personal opinion. Just putting it into perspective for you.

We are the land of the free and the home of the brave. Let's act like it!

Here's my prayer for harmony and peace for our nation and our world:

Bless the hands
that bring wholeness
to lives blighted by sickness.

Bless the saints who
in sad and desperate places
bring a sense of hopefulness.

Bless the Christians
facing daily opposition
showing a faithful witness.

Bless the generosity
of the rich and powerful
for the gift of thoughtfulness.

Bless the peacemakers
working in conditions
that are often hazardous.

Bless the politicians
whether good or bad
for decisions affecting all of us.

Bless our words and actions
as we carry your light
into places shrouded in darkness.

Bless your children
whoever they might be
with the warmth of your love and grace.

©John Birch