Putting Yourself First Should Be The Most Important Thing As The Semester Ends

You are more important than work and grades.

14

With five weeks left in the semester, things are getting more stressful. The workload is overbearing and grades are fluctuating. We're coming close to an end which is always great, but the road to get there is never easy. It takes a huge toll on all of us and with that comes stress, anxiety and even depression. While this seems normal to college students, it is not OK! We should not have to accept feeling this way or allow ourselves to feel this way. Of course, school is stressful and we worry a lot about grades or our future, but this is something we need to overcome.

As you start to reach your stressful end of the semester, remember this. Your mental health is more important than any assignment given to you. Do not let classes, exams, papers, projects or even professors get to you. Do not let them stress you out to the point of being sick. Do not let them give you a panic attack. Focus on yourself before you do your work. Take breaks and take time for yourself. It is so important to keep in mind your mental health. People tend to look past it and think of these feelings as normal when that should not be the case.

It's OK if your class is not going well. We are all going to graduate. We are all going to have a job. We are all going to get through the class and through all the work. It all works out in the end and it won't do anything to benefit you for stressing out about it. It is not the end of the world. Everything happens for a reason and soon enough we will be done and on break relaxing with loved ones. So don't forget to give your mind a break and a check. Do what you need to do to be in the right mindset, and do not let school get in the way of that. Your grades are just that. They are temporary. Your mental health is forever.