Put The "Christ" Back In Christmas

Put The "Christ" Back In Christmas

He is the reason for the season.

22
Put The "Christ" Back In Christmas
Sipping Lemonade

Christmastime is my family and I's favorite time of the year. I'm the type of person that loves all holidays, but Thanksgiving-Christmas is my favorite! There's something magical about spending time with the ones you love and buying them the perfect gift you've spent a long time searching for.

Although gifts, spending time with family and friends, and Santa Claus seem to be what most people spend time focusing on during Christmastime, we cannot forget the REAL reason for the season: celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

Christmas has become so commercialized, especially over the last few years. But some of those who celebrate Christmas seem to be forgetting the most important part! Giving gifts to your children, friends, mothers, fathers, etc. is (believe it or not) the least important thing. Christmas is a time to reflect on the many blessings in your life and celebrate the birth of the One who loves us most.

Now, I'm not claiming that Jesus was born exactly on December 25; however, that is when we celebrate it. I'm not saying those who don't celebrate Christmas are wrong; I respect everyone's beliefs/values/opinions. However, if you do not believe in the birth, sacrifice, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, why celebrate Christmas, the holiday Christians have to celebrate the birth of our Father?

All people have their own reasons for celebrating during this holiday season. Many religions celebrate their own holidays during this time as well. As Christians, we must make sure that Jesus is the reason we celebrate ours. We have to make sure we don't focus too much on giving gifts and remember the most important gift we have been given! After all, He is the reason we have this holiday in the first place!

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Merry Christmas, and don't forget to take time to remember the reason for the season!