Why You Should Not Purchase Any More LifeProof Products

It's all a scam.

7456

Lifeproof advertises "Four proofs. Zero doubt."

Their product claims to be

1- Waterproof. Submersible up to 6.6 feet for 1 hour.

2- Dirtproof. Sealed from dirt and dust.

3- Snowproof. Closed from snow and ice.

And finally, 4- Dropproof. Survives drops from 6.6 feet.

I, like many others, interpret that if a product advertises publicly through advertisements and social media that their product performs a specific task, it should perform that claim. As a trustful consumer, I would only assume that if a product didn't perform a specific claimed task, then their would be some sort of repercussion and assistance if their product was at fault.

In my instance, I bought a Lifeproof FRE Power case for my Apple iPhone 6s as suggested by my best friend who was ecstatic about hers. This case features a 2600 mAh battery and rapid recharging technology for quick refueling of my iPhone's battery. The case is also designed to be water and drop resistant. I needed this case for my active schedule and to hopefully be able to enjoy a more worry free option when I wanted to bring my iPhone in more dangerous situations. Like going in the pool or the ocean, or not being nervous to accidentally spill water or drop my phone in the toilet (which I've done before in the past).

I picked up my case from Best Buy a day after purchasing it online. The product suggests that to ensure the case's waterproof capabilities, that one should test the case by inserting a napkin inside the case and submerging it completely in water. When I performed this test, my FRE Power case did exactly as it advertised-- keeping my iPhone safe and usable from under the water.

Having now confirmed my Lifeproof case was fully functioning, I inserted my phone into the case. Three days later, I decided to bring my phone into the pool. While taking pictures from above the water-- with my wet hands and light grip, my phone was safe inside my Lifeproof FRE Power. It was only until I completely submerged my case and phone under water to take an under-water-picture that I noticed water flowing inside my case. I immediately ran inside, took off the case, and examine my phone as it lay soaking wet. At first, the only problem with my phone was that the microphone and speaker were not working. When I tried to call someone I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. About three hours later, my phone completely shut off. Unusable and broken.

I immediately called LifeProof to confront them about their faulty product. It must be my fault for assuming that LifeProof fixed your phone if their product caused it to break. However, on that phone call with LifeProof and from later research, I learned that when you purchase any LifeProof product you agree that LifeProof only takes responsibilty for any damage/faults of their own product. Therefore, if a Lifeproof case is defective, the case will be replaced "for a period of one year from the original date of purchase of the product by a consumer (the "Warranty Period")". The Terms and Conditions also state that "LifeProof does not warrant, and is not responsible for, any smart phone or other device made by anyone other than LifeProof." So in conclusion, if a LifeProof case is the result of why your phone breaks, LifeProof will not fix it.

I don't know about you but this outrages me. A well known and well-dependent-on company, can't even back up their own claims and advertisements. Their consumers are more confident in their cases' then they are. The company knows their case is supposed to protect against water, dirt, snow, etc, etc, however when their case is at fault-- LifeProof takes no responsibility.

I will no longer be purchasing from LifeProof. And if you assumed that if your phone breaks while inside a LifeProof case and that LifeProof would fix it, I advise you don't either. If a company can't even back up their claims, why would you believe that they are true? Save yourself the $200 and up repair and hopefully, one day you can purchase a product that will fulfill such extraneous claims and take responsibilty.