5 Punk Rock Bands To Feed Your Angst
Music

5 Punk Rock Bands To Feed Your Angst

These bands are underrated, but they will rock your angsty little socks off.

312
5 Punk Rock Bands To Feed Your Angst

Whether you're in the mood to punch a hole in the drywall (again) or impulsively cut your bangs while screaming in the mirror, these bands have got you covered. Their music is perfect for headbanging, moshing or just speeding down the highway.

1. The Frights

"You Are Going To Hate This" is The Frights second most popular song with over 4.5 million streams on Spotify.

YouTube

Don't let their name scare you off. This American surf punk band from Poway, CA is the perfect choice for when you're in the mood to be reckless or just jam out to some beachy punk rock music. The Frights are currently on a tour that ends May 24th in Santa Cruz, CA.

2. FIDLAR

"No Waves" is FIDLAR's most popular song with over 14 million streams on Spotify.

YouTube

No angsty playlist is complete without "F*ck It Dog, Life's A Risk", or more commonly known by punk heads as FIDLAR. Their new album, "Almost Free," features bangers like "By Myself" and "Can't You See," both of which have gained popularity with over 2.5 million streams since the album's release two months ago.

3. Fuzz

Just by looking at the album cover art of "Fuzz," you can already tell this band has a great collection of rock-n-roll psychedelic music in store.

YouTube

This headbanging new California American band features a style of hard rock riffs and unique vocals that set them apart from most rock bands. Their sound resembles the '60s psychedelic and metal tunes established by Jimi Hendrix and the Groundhogs.

4. Arctic Monkeys before 2013

"Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" became the fastest selling debut album in English music history, and it contains some of the best songs to rock out to.

YouTube

If you go deep enough into the ever-changing waters of this English rock band, you'll find that the Arctic Monkeys used to have a much more punk style in their music than the sound demonstrated in albums "Tranquility Base Hotel" and "Casino" (2018) and "AM" (2013). Songs like "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor," "Fluorescent Adolescent" and "When The Sun Goes Down" all feature a hard rock vibe.

5. The Garden

YouTube

This cool, experimental punk rock band is composed of Wyatt and Fletcher Shears, two brothers who established The Garden in 2011. Their live performances are often unpredictable and entertaining as they implement off the top tricks during their shows. Songs "California Here We Go" and "Egg" are the two most popular created by The Garden and deserve a listen.