PSVR 2 Headset For PS5 To Go Into Mass Production 'Soon' - In Time For Gran Turismo 7?

Mass Production PSVR 2 Headset For PS5

23
PSVR 2 Headset for PS5
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1544051/PSVR-2-headset-PS5-mass-production-soon-Gran-Turismo-7

The PSVR 2 headset could be available sooner than expected for PS5 owners. According to a Reddit post, PSVR 2 is reportedly going into mass production soon, with Chinese manufacturer Goertek reportedly producing the new virtual reality headset. The PSVR 2 news supposedly comes from a well-respected Chinese supply chain analyst named Heimao Sheriff 黑毛警长008. Brad Lynch, a YouTuber and XR hardware analyst/VR level designer, revealed this on Twitter.

Lynch wrote: "Goertek, a Chinese manufacturer, will be responsible for mass-producing Meta Cambria and PS VR 2 (soon!)."

Mass production should start shortly.

"Goertek sold Pico to Bytedance earlier this year but has signed a deal to continue production of Pico headsets" The company is also expected to supply parts for Apple's AR/VR headsets. Lynch said the PSVR 2 could launch in the second half of 2022.

However, PS5 fans remain hopeful that PSVR 2 will launch around Gran Turismo 7, which will be released in March, or Sony will reveal the headset around GT7's release. Gran Turismo 7 could support PSVR 2. Gran Turismo Sport supported the original PSVR, but PSVR 2 support has not yet been confirmed for GT 7. Eurogamer previously asked Kazunori Yamauchi about Gran Turismo 7's VR support. Yamauchi didn't confirm or deny this.

Yamauchi-san said in September: "So PSVR is not at a stage where we cannot speak about it yet." And after this latest PSVR 2 rumor emerged, fans speculated that we might hear more about the headset in the coming months. I expect it to be announced before GT7 launches since GT7 will be the first AAA FP game fully playable in PSVR2.

A third wrote: "I think GT7 will have a VR mode for PSVR users on PS4, similar to GT Sports...but it will only be fully playable on PSVR2 for PS5 owners". One added: "I imagine this will make PS5s even harder to obtain."

In the past year, Sony provided a little treat by letting players try out its new VR controller, which can be controlled using finger recognition and ensures immersive interaction with the game world. A higher resolution, a wider field of vision, and fewer cables are also on the wish list of many interested parties.

PSVR 2.0 will also succeed if the software is good. As of now, Sony hasn't announced any VR-focused first-party titles for 2022. But many gamers believe that "Gran Turismo 7" will be the launch game for the new VR headset.