proYoga: The World's Best Directory For YTTC and FREE YOGA

ProYoga is the world’s largest directory for FREE yoga classes, yoga teacher training courses (YTTC) and the best yoga studios around the world. With a growing database of listings, you can find that perfect yoga teacher for private courses in your local area or even a teacher training course on another continent.

13

.

ProYoga is the world’s largest directory for FREE yoga classes, yoga teacher training courses (YTTC) and the best yoga studios around the world. With a growing database of listings, you can find that perfect yoga teacher for private courses in your local area or even a teacher training course on another continent. Looking for a particular style of yoga? ProYoga has you covered with listings for many types of courses including Ashtanga, Bikram, Hatha, Iyengar, Kundalini, Vinyasa, and others. Not sure where to start? Check out the top yoga lists found on the proYoga blog. There is also an ever-growing database of FREE yoga classes in different cities around the world. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned yogi/yogini, proYoga has something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Find your perfect yoga class today!

ProYoga’s Inception

proYoga is the brainchild of an American Hatha Yogi who was fortunate in receiving lessons under instructors trained at a diverse set of schools including Sivananda, Gurukul, Kundalini and Hamsa. While meditating in the famous city of Dharamsala (home to Buddhist spiritual leader of Tiber the Dalai Lama), Yogi Sardar envisioned what later became the earliest concepts of proYoga. Ultimately, proYoga materialized in its current form: a global database of yoga resources, created with the intention of making the practice of yoga accessible to a larger audience. The website offers a comprehensive directory of free yoga classes, yoga studios, as well as articles and other resources about various aspects of yogic practice. Since its inception, proYoga has seen steady growth in visitors from all over the world.

Where to Find Free Yoga Classes

Yoga is a holistic approach aimed at making a positive connection with one’s mind, body, and spirit. Although yoga can be done without any special items, clothes or membership fees, we tend to associate the practice of yoga with above-average price tags. Yoga pants by famous brands can cost $100 or more for a single pair. Yoga memberships at local studios can cost several hundred dollars per month. Five-star resorts offer short yoga retreats for thousands of dollars per person. ‘Big name’ yoga schools routinely charge $5,000 - $10,000 dollars for a basic 200-hour yoga teacher training program. We can clearly see that the popularity of yoga grew steadily over the past hundred years, and the business of yoga couldn’t help but grow with it. Many will be surprised, however, that ancient yoga was actually freely taught and practiced between yogis. Teacher training programs would traditionally last over a decade and there was no systematic exchange between the guru and student in a strictly economic sense. Yogis would dedicate themselves to serve the teacher in order to progress their own spiritual path. Teachers would dedicate themselves to be ‘the light’ which illuminates a student’s journey toward enlightenment. It’s hard to put a price tag on one’s commitment to self-realization. In today’s economy, though, it seems unavoidable that most things will have a price tag. Furthermore, most things of value will cost more next year than they did this year.

Part of proYoga’s mission statement includes the belief that yoga does not have to be an expensive practice. Yoga can be found in many places for free, especially in cities where there are new yoga instructors learning to perfect their craft. Often, yoga can be found at discounted rates from yoga studios seeking more students and most offer free trials to entice newcomers. Teachers who are less money-motivated will even hold classes on a donation basis. So, on the contrary to popular belief, yoga is not an expensive hobby that is accessible primarily to those with disposable income.

But where do you find free yoga classes or discounted memberships to local studios? ProYoga is helping address this very question by helping money-conscious individuals not ‘break their bank’. No matter where you are in the world, chances are you can find free and discounted yoga options somewhere near you. Simply log into the proYoga website and start your search for yoga classes, teachers, studios, retreats or YTTC programs.